+1 y

What would be the consequences of this idea?

This crazy idea has been running around my mind for the past few days, and oddly I am considering doing it. The idea is telling a guy I have been infatuated with on and off for two years that I like him on the night of graduation and kissing him, though, it might not be in that order. I don't want to regret not telling him, since, I need at least know that I didn't completely avoid becoming anything with him. We are both juniors right now and I have not had a class with him since the first or second month of 9th grade, though, we have ran into each other multiple times.

Originally, I was going to ask him out in 9th grade after finding out his girlfriend broke up with him because I finally realized he was not who I prejudged him to be, he was funny and sweet and the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on a boy. But, the few people I asked for advice on the subject highly discouraged me and said it would never work and remember ones exact words were, "He would never want a girl like you," so I just gave up on it and eventually my schedule got changed because of my algebra 1 class thus I was also transferred out of the World History class we shared. A few months later, I was talking to my friend Jacob and mentioned I liked Ryan which gave Jake the idea to start talking to him about me as if he was going to ask me on a date. He said it seemed as if Ryan would ask me out if he wasn't, but he didn't. Jacob offered to tell Ryan I like him, but I turned down his offer out of fear which was heightened due to my Social Anxiety Disorder, though, that is something my psychologist is having me work on, so, I am starting to get better at interacting with people and not turning down all offers to hang out.

Well, now he has a girlfriend, so, I am not going to do anything immediately. But, if I go through with the idea I am going to do it whether he has a girlfriend or not. afterward, I am going to tell him it is OK if he wants to delete me off Facebook and completely avoid me at the reunions since it would be understandable. Though, for now it is just a foolish idea.
1
1