+1 y

Girl I love acting distant at times

I met this girl (15 years my junior) over a year and a half ago and after a while, we became good friends and eventually very close friends. Over ther summer, we talked a lot and spent time together and were really close. She seemed to feel just as close to me as I did to her. Over time, I started falling in love with her but I didn't change how I acted towards her because I didn't want to change things between us by forcing unreciprocated feelings on her. There was one point though, when I met up with her at the bar she worked at after a football game we had both gone to with seperate friends. We had been inside at the bar for a while but she went outside to the patio bar to talk to one of her best friends and told me she'd be right back. I waited inside until she came to the front window and flashed her biggest smile at me a few times. I came out and hung with her and her other friends for a bit before we went our seperate ways for the night. She seemed to be beaming the whole time I was standing there next to her.

However, shortly thereafter, her mother visited her for a weekend and when I came up to watch the game at the bar, she acted distant, like she was uncomfortable to see me. She didn't introduce me to her mother and in fact, barely talked to me until her mother was at the other end of the bar. She told me we were OK but it seemed otherwise. I tried to get her to go out for a lunch we had put off a few times over the next few weeks but other than that, stayed away to give her some space. A few weeks later, she told me she missed me and that she was going through a rough patch but it would be better soon. A week or so later, I stopped in to visit and things seemed almost normal again. I stopped back in a week later and again, things seemed OK between us until, when she was at the other end of the bar, the owner threw me out and made it sound like it was what she wanted. When I got home, I sent her a message telling her I was stunned about that and that no matter what she thought of me, I would always think highly of her...then I told her goodbye. A couple of days later she apologized for what happened and told me she had no part in it and tried to tell her boss I was ok...that he was being overprotective. We agreed we needed to talk but so far, we've had 3 dates we set up in the last 5 weeks since that happened that she couldn't make. I told her after the last one she canceled due to illness that we could just talk on the phone if that was all we could do for now. I haven't heard a word from her since she canceled though in the last 3 days. I'm not sure if she's nervous about seeing me because of what happened the last time we saw each other or if maybe she's scared we won't get along as well as we used to or something. Or maybe she's scared that we were getting too close before or maybe she thought I should've seen a sign she wanted more back then?
+1 y
I never tried to push a relationship or even dating on her...just friendship with her. I hadn't had an interest in dating anyone in years until I started falling for her. We went out once late in the summer for lunch and we both had an enjoyable time and wanted to do it again. We approached it just as friends although I did pay for lunch. I didn't make any expectations & only hugged afterwards...I didn't even try for more. I've thought about the age thing but not sure why she wouldn't tell me
+1 y
Not positive, but I thinkshe once told me her parents have a significant age difference between them as well.

I do know that in the past couple of months since things got screwy between us, she was seeing some other guys...but neither of them lasted more than a week or so
Girl I love acting distant at times
3
2