+1 y

Being ignored - is it really the worst that can happen to women?

In the place were I work there are two young girls who are constantly being picked on by the men, some of the stuff they say to them is unbelievable yet hilarious.

Just a tiny example the other day one of the girls was asked to wash a CNC mill. When she asks for a hose one of the guys promptly fires with a naughty smile "Do you want me to give you the hose?". She giggles and proceeds to try to plug the hose, but she can't. Asks for the guy's help again and he's like "Tell me now, on which of the two holes do you want me to plug the hose?" with the usual mocking smile. This is only one example I could remember, sometimes they are told much dirtier and direct stuff, they joke by calling them fat, dumb, they stare at their boobs and pretend to drool, stuff like that.

Me and one other guy just don't do that kind of stuff, we treat them with a little more respect. Although I don't know if respect is the right word, because you can't really respect someone who doesn't respect herself... Conversation is mostly good morning, good afternoon, and work talk like do this or do that.

Yet they seem to like to hang around the rude boys better, they love the attention, the laughs and all that.

Now my questions is, how many of you are like that too, as in preferring to be mocked than just ignored? Why are women so eager for attention, even if it's not the "right" kind of attention?
+1 y
PS.: And worst, one of these days one of the gals was upset with something (never knew what) and she banged a door. I went to talk with her and explained her that kind of attitude wasn't going to be tolerated, if she's upset with something she needs to take a deep breath and sort it out some way else other than banging doors with rage. Guess what, she starts to cry on me and I'm like "Wtf did I just do?". I didn't shout, wasn't rude or anything yet she start crying like crazy...
+1 y
... That's like text book female self victimization, trying to reverse the situation by acting as you're the one who's hurt... and the worst is that it actually works, you can't help feeling guilty when a girl starts to cry on you. Better stop now, this is starting to look like a rant on women lol.
1
2