+1 y

Am I viewed as one of the guys?

I've been dating this guy on and off for six weeks. There were bumps along the road for the first month and I started backing off. It was mostly me putting pressure on him to be more than just causally dating and he did not react well to having pressure put on him. Like any guy would react positively with pressure... anyway... Didn't hear from the guy for a week. Thought he was ignoring me after he never responded to a text message about wanting to meet up and talk about what was going on with us. Ran into him at the gym on Friday and confronted him saying if he didn't want to date me any longer he could have just said something. He said he never got the text and said he would never blow me off like that. He showed me his phone and the last message he did have was from a week before -- it seems he never got the message. He said he would be stupid to not capitalize on having a relationship with me and he was extremely thankful I was in his life. We decided Friday night that we would have lunch on Saturday to talk about everything. Before he left the gym he gave me a big hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Fast forward to yesterday. He asked if I would do him a favor. Before agreeing I asked him what it was and it depended. He asked if I would follow him to drop his car off to get worked on and then drive him back to his apartment after we had lunch together. It didn't seem like a big deal so I said okay. We had lunch and had a great time for an hour and a half talking about whatever. We never did get around to talking about "us" stuff. After dropping him off at his apartment he said he was really thankful for taking him said he was in debt to me. Later that night he sent this text: "Thanks for your help today. I am truly grateful that you are in my life." Sure, it sounds sweet and all, but why read too much into it? Today I forgot my swipe key to the gym and texted to see if he was there if he could let me in. I ended up meeting him at the gym later tonight and we worked out together. Then, he asked me to go grocery shopping with me. I did just for the heck of it. He then said maybe later in the week we could play video games at his house at the weekend. I'm not really into video games, but would try it once just for the heck of it. From his actions, is he treating me like one of the guys? Or am I more than that?
Am I viewed as one of the guys?
Add Opinion