+1 y

I don't know how to deal with this? Please help?

Me and a guy were together for a little over a month, which doesn't seem like a long time at all, but we spent every single night together ( we were both busy with work and school during the day) and talked about everything together. We both have amazing trust issues, and were scared of being in a relationship together because of the relationships we have both been in.

He asked me out after only about a week of talking, Halloween weekend. The first night we ever hung out, we stayed up all night talking about each other and life in general. I'm not the type that gets into relationships to get into them, but with him he really was a different kind of boy. He's a musician, very into music, and very talented. He's a drummer in a band today, and I found out he has very bad depression.

Which was the reason we broke up. He felt he was moving too fast in the relationship and said he was 'scared of falling in love with me', and needed time to get himself together before getting into a relationship. After a week of no contact we started talking again, and he would text me every day just to talk, and called me one night at two in the morning wanting to see me. I said no.

He sent me the most unbelievable sweet things to me, about how amazing of a person I was. And whoever ends up with me, whether it's him or some other guy. That they would be among the luckiest guys in the world to have someone as 'fantastic' as me. Then ended it with saying I'm perfect.

Christmas day he wanted me to go watch him play a solo acoustic set, then after his band was going to play a set at a local bar. I told him I was going, and was planning to. But something happened on the way over there and I couldn't make it. I knew subconciously that would be probably the last chance I would get to try to get back together with him. And I blew it.

we Haven't talked since then, and I heard he was taking some girl with him to a new year's eve party this weekend. I'm still crushed about it. My question is, how can he say he wants to be with me once he gets over his depression, tell me all of this crap, then move on so quickly with someone else?

Did he play me? Any answers would be amazing! And thank yall for reading all of this. I know it's a novel of drama.
1
1