+1 y

How to be there for him?

Within the last month, I broke up with my long-term boyfriend due to ongoing issues and am currently losing my mother to cancer. Needless to say, I'm a little damaged.

I've been talking to a guy for the past few months and I think we clicked instantly. I gave him my number, he initiated the first text and phone call.. We've talked nearly everyday since then. He's been my shoulder to cry on and is always eager to listen or help me in any way. I finally told him about two weeks ago that I liked him a little more than friends, but he just said he wasn't right in his own head to help himself, much less anyone else. He said he's a much bigger mess than he lets on and has some issues, too. We've stayed friends, but that's where it gets more complicated.

Sine that, he's made a point of telling me information himself' his past, and family. We still talk or text nearly everyday, and he's even made the point to come see me for hours after he's off work and I'm still at work. He's made the pint to say he's not used to opening up to anyone anymore, but that's exactly what he's doing with me. I'm not complaining, but just confused.

A few days ago we hung ou for nearly three hours, just talking about everything. He was so intimate and personal with me, telling me some things that had happened to him with girls in the past, what he wants for his future, and how he feels now. He became a little serius and slightly emotionalbput things, which amazed me. He never came out and said he wasn't intereted and had every opportunity to do so. We talked about taking things slow and just going with the roll of it. I felt such a strong connection that night, it was unbelievable.

He seemed a little freaked out at the end of the night, like he was embarrassed at devulging so much information to me. We are still talking, but it feels different. he just seems a little uptight, or skiddish with me now. I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm not wanting to push or be to aggressive, but I want to be there for him too. I've never really dated before, so this is all new... I just need some advice on he best route in this situation.
How to be there for him?
1
0