+1 y

What are the rules/etiquette for making new friends of the opposite gender when you're in a relationship?

My boyfriend and I both have quite a few friends of the opposite gender that we've had for a while; before we even met each other. I was out with my friends the other night and talked to a guy that seemed really cool and like someone I would normally be friends with. Well, that got me to think. This is my first serious relationship and I'm not sure what the rules are exactly for this type of thing. When you're already in a relationship I believe it's usually frowned upon to make new friends of the opposite gender, but I don't want to not be friends with someone just because I'm in a relationship…right? I'm not sure how I'd feel about it though if my boyfriend said he was starting to hang out with some girl he just met...Any opinions, experiences, thoughts, feelings, or anything you have to say about this are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much :).
5
1