+1 y

Helping him make his "First Move" with me...

I am interested in my male friend. (I'm a gal.) We are both close to 40 y.o. Lately, he has been showing strong signs of interest, but hasn't made a move to ask me out or try to kiss me or anything. Texts are getting frisky, though. Not dirty; just frisky.

He's really shy and doesn't have a lot of self-confidence. (Or, he doesn't seem to around me.) Anyway, I really want him to be the one to make the first move in order to HELP his self-esteem. It needs to be HIS idea.

What can I do to encourage his "big move" without being obvious that's what I'm doing ? (He's really been hurt in the past because of rejection and a cheating ex-gf.) I try to create opportunities, but he doesn't take them. However, he is showing "textbook" signs of interest. Just showing them sloooooooooowly. (We've been friends for over a year. Became really close really fast. He's just NOW flirting on a more personal level and not just picking at me.) He honestly NEEDS to do this. If he could just make a move IN PERSON, I'd make SURE he knew it was well received.

Also, how can I tell he is even TRYING to make a move? I've been out of the loop for so long (Bad divorce; Long story.), I may be missing opportunities myself.

We've never even hugged. Not even as "just friends"! HELP!!!

Serious answers only, please. And, hopefully from guys in our age range.

Thank you.
4
4