+1 y

Helping him make his "First Move" with me...

I am interested in my male friend. (I'm a gal.) We are both close to 40 y.o. Lately, he has been showing strong signs of interest, but hasn't made a move to ask me out or try to kiss me or anything. Texts are getting frisky, though. Not dirty; just frisky.

He's really shy and doesn't have a lot of self-confidence. (Or, he doesn't seem to around me.) Anyway, I really want him to be the one to make the first move in order to HELP his self-esteem. It needs to be HIS idea.

What can I do to encourage his "big move" without being obvious that's what I'm doing ? (He's really been hurt in the past because of rejection and a cheating ex-gf.) I try to create opportunities, but he doesn't take them. However, he is showing "textbook" signs of interest. Just showing them sloooooooooowly. (We've been friends for over a year. Became really close really fast. He's just NOW flirting on a more personal level and not just picking at me.) He honestly NEEDS to do this. If he could just make a move IN PERSON, I'd make SURE he knew it was well received.

Also, how can I tell he is even TRYING to make a move? I've been out of the loop for so long (Bad divorce; Long story.), I may be missing opportunities myself.

We've never even hugged. Not even as "just friends"! HELP!!!

Serious answers only, please. And, hopefully from guys in our age range.

Thank you.
Helping him make his "First Move" with me...
Add Opinion