+1 y

Seriously need girls perspectives on my best female friend's behavior

I was rejected by my best female friend. After backing off , she starts talking again? Then she becomes cold again..Why?

I care for her a lot, and we used to talk online everyday.

We became really awkward after the confession. However, she improved a little and made the effort to joke. I was noticeably more distant with her because I am afraid she might take it the wrong way. I used to tease and joke with her and now I'm cautious of doing that therefore it is still very awkward.

She has left the country for good. When I tried to talk to her online (in the way that I always do), she replied once or twice then starts ignoring my messages...then when I send her a Facebook email, she ignored that too. I was advised to back off. SO I did not talk to her for a week or two, then she started talking to me again. It seemed like the good old days again! Then I went back to talking to her again, and now she became colder again and stopped talking to me or replied intermittently.

What does this mean? I still love her. She is one of the nicest, most generous person I have ever met who can be just a little bit cold and shy at times.
+1 y
p.s: we used to meet in real life everyday too and we go out for meals etc. I was careful not to be flirty with her in front of other mutual friends, just with her alone
1
3