+1 y

My boyfriend can't feel physical attraction, but can feel the chemistry between us. What?

Hello! My boyfriend said something that I don't really understand. He says he isn't physically attracted to people. Logically, he can figure out if someone is good looking but he doesn't... "feel" it. He told me that when he's with his friends and they're talking about some girl being really hot, he doesn't really think so. He doesn't understand what it is to think someone is hot.

I think that's what he was trying to say.

The thing is, that when he says he loves me, I believe him. So he can feel emotionally attracted.

Even more confusing: I asked him what makes him want to kiss me and touch me. I asked him if he felt the chemistry. Yep, he says he does. And I believe him especially since he’s the one who usually initiates that sort of stuff. I don’t get it.

I think that the way I don’t understand how he doesn’t find people physically attractive is similar to how he doesn’t understand what it’s like to find people physically attractive.

So can anyone shed some light on this? I know he wants to be able to understand what other people see. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

4
5