+1 y

What would you think about a guy who refuses to tell you his job?

I met this guy online like a week or two ago. We haven't met in person yet, just texting. When I first started talking to him, we were just getting to know each other & asking each other simple questions. I asked him what his job was & he said that he couldn't tell me that. Now I didn't ask about nor need to know any exact locations, but I was just making general conversation to get to know him better. But he still said no.

Mind you, I was hesitant to him about my job too (I'm a homecare worker for my two special needs siblings) but I eventually told him the basics (I left out the special needs part) & I explained to him why I don't want to go into detail. But he won't tell me a damn thing about what his job is or why he can't tell me, besides that "a lady never asks & a gentleman never tells" & "what I don't know can't hurt me".

I understand that there are some things that you only tell people that you trust. That's why I left out the part about me having special needs siblings (people tend to use that as an insult so I avoid telling people). I could understand if it was something like sex partners, credit score, family history, STD's, etc. but he can't even tell me his damn job. I mean, it's something so simple, right? He doesn't even have to go into detail if he doesn't want to because I didn't, but he should at least tell me the basics.

I mean, he's a really cool guy otherwise, but I'm not one for too much mystery, especially over something so minor. What do you think?
+1 y
I don't think he's unemployed because I think one day he texted me that he was at work or he would text me back when I get off of work or something.
+1 y
he gets off*
+1 y
Another reason why I don't think he's unemployed is because he told me that he has so many certifications (computer mechanic, electrician), so if he IS technically unemployed, if he's doing small side jobs, I don't see why he thinks I would care. I leaning on he might be doing something illegal.
2
3