+1 y

Really need some opinions on this situation.

About a year and a half ago I briefly dated this girl that I had liked for quite some time. We'd already been friends for over 10 years at this point and things seemed to be going well. Then out of the blue she says she doesn't think it'll work and goes back to her ex. I wasn't happy, but let it go for the sake of staying friends. Several times over the past 18 months she's made comments about trying again, but I never let it go any further. Then, about three weeks ago we end up sitting in the basement at a party and talking literally until the sun came out the next morning. During the conversation she made it known that she was willing to give it another try. And I did the same. But, for the next three weeks I couldn't even get a reply from her, just on simple things that we always talk about. Then the other day she finally sends me a rather hurtful message basically saying it's never going to happen. Which is fine. I'd already resigned myself to that outcome. The problem is she for some reason decided to be a real effin bitch about it. I've never been anything but nice to this girl. And even gone completely out of my way to help her out when she's asked, and really needed the help. Every instinct in my body is telling me to get pissed off and tell her off. But I also know she isn't in a very good place at this time in her life. So I'm just wondering what anybody else thinks. Should I get mad and tell her where to go? Or should I once again just let it go and save the friendship?
Really need some opinions on this situation.
Add Opinion