+1 y

Asked him out through a note, he never called, now I ignore him. Did I do wrong? ADULT MALES ANSWER, please...

Basically there's a dude who used to look at me a few times, stare even, especially after he noticed that I was too nervous to look back at him. He knew I was kind of nervous, he'd try and walk in front of me and catch my eye but I was too damn nervous. I also come from a culture where I am supposed to be a little bit more timid and shy. I'm Indian, he's white. Anyways, I started to develop a crush on him even though we've never talked. I was too scared to look him in the eye or talk to him so on the last day before the final I worked up the courage to walk up to him, say hi, told him I was going to leave it on his desk but I'll give it to him in person, I handed him a note with his name, and the note asked him to coffee with my number and signed my name/my number. I wished him luck on the final and left, and he stuttered something about good luck. He never called and totally avoided me after class taking the long route. I understand, YES, he's not into me, he' not interested. But is it my approach that freaked him out? I'm in my 20's, he's older. Was the note too weird or forward considering I've never talked to him before... or cute? Would you think I was a crazy/desperate girl? too immature? I saw him on campus today (a MONTH later, next semester), he was standing in front of a building having a cigarette, and I saw him, pretty sure he saw me, and quickly turned my head and looked forward and kept walking. Should I have smiled or waved or something...even though he rejected me? Such a weird situation...

2
2