+1 y

Building a friendship after rejection - is it creepy, guys?

I got rejected by a guy about a week ago and although I still find him attractive (and I will think this anyways because he is!), I believe I'm pretty much over him in that way (ie. I respect his decision and don't plan on asking him out again).

But he seems like a really nice guy, and I'd like to get to know him better so I'd like to become friends with him. But as a guy, would you think its strange if a girl you rejected tried to build a friendship in this situation?

My plan would be to just sit down and chat with him during lunch one day. I realize it could be a bit awkward at first and I worry that he will be worried about "leading me on" if he does talk to me...but I don't think I will be "led on" at this point in time - like I said I understand his decision and will respect it. Just wanted to know your experiences!

Thanks
2
1