+1 y

Are people in general, still faithful?

I just found out that the girl I've been dating has cheated on me. She told me herself, and that she is breaking up with me because she is afraid she'll cheat on me again. I'm going to try not to sound too jaded here, because I do have an honest question.

I'm 23 years old, this is the 5th girlfriend I've had, and the 5th girlfriend who's cheated on me. Each one of them has gone on and on about how I'm such a great boyfriend, until one day they break up with me out of the blue because they're "afraid they'll hurt me again." For the life of me, these are kind, genuine girls who seem to be on track to pretty decent futures...

I know, I know, it's pop-psych fear of commitment, insecurity, and all that crap. To be honest, I'm starting to get really tired of it. Yeah, life is scary and unfair, and sometimes bad things happen, or you may have to go down a path you don't want to go down, and there are people out there who no matter what you do, just aren't going to like you, what you stand for, or what you look like, and the only one you can blame for the choices you make is yourself, and all we can do is learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat them.

Is there anyone left out there who is just a normal, confident, well-adjusted adult who isn't just running on their natural default setting? I'm sure there are, but based on your experience, would you say that most people are? Have I just had particularly poor choice when it comes to females?

I haven't lost hope, I'm still sure there is someone out there for me, but it seems like the more people I go out and meet, the less I want to.
+1 y
Also, would you girls say that most guys are the same way? Does it seem to be gender specific?
+1 y
Well she talked to me and said she didn't really want to break up with me, and the "cheating" happened before we even went on our first date, she just wanted to be honest and figured I would want to break up with her.

I think I buy it, knowing her, but I think I'm going to break up with her. I just don't feel the same way anymore.
Are people in general, still faithful?
6
4