+1 y

So am I doing the right thing?

The guy I really like says he met someone else, and now would be the time for any objections or any says. Instead of talking about how he should be with me, I said, "wait a minute let me think and I kinda paused, but instead we laughed and had a good time, and than of course we messed around. Two days later I saw him at the gas station and said hi. He asked what I was doing there. Anyway to relieve anxieties I stopped going there beside the fact it makes me cry. After a week I finally texted and let him know how upset I was. He called on his lunch break which he never did before when we took a break, he asked what I needed to talk to him about and I told him that he was one of the most important people in my life and that I have a really bad habit of letting people walk away and not saying anything. He told me I didn't have any respect for him cause all he asked for was some space. Anywho I asked if I backed off and didn't bother him if we could still see each other? He said, " I don't know let me think about it." Anyway I was very impressed he took a moment out of his lunch to call someone who was upset and I actually like the fact that there was some emotion. Anyway after we got off the phone I didn't text and say thanks for calling and ever since that day I haven't text, I don't go to that gas station, I'd love to run into him, but he may think I'm stalking him, and I wanna give him his space. Do you think I'm doing the right thing and by what I said does it sound like he may consider having a once in awhile relationship, cause I told him if that's all he could give me I would totally play by his rules. Now before some lady here says how stupid that is, well its not some people can't commit and maybe I can't either, but I sure love the evening moments we spend together. I know I can't change him nor do I want to. I love him for who he is and if I have to accept that he can't committ well that's my problem. So with that said, "is the way I'm trying to show him respect by not texting or calling or going to the gas station the right thing?
So am I doing the right thing?
Add Opinion