+1 y

Girls, why do girls try harder when I’m not interested?

Girls often say that they wish guys weren’t so obsessed with getting with them. But I’ve found that girls try hard when I don’t show interest, even though I’m only average-looking. For example, they touch me or ask me repeatedly if I have a girlfriend or ask me what I’m doing at the weekend or talk in a flirty way with me or laugh at my jokes. They even compliment me on my looks.

I don’t show interest very often because: I feel I’m too busy to get involved with girls (even though hypothetically I would like to), I’ve always been a worrier and the idea of unwanted pregnancy worries me, and I have high standards for personality (but pretty low standards for looks, which ironically means that I do find many of these girls attractive even though they probably think I don’t).

Maybe these girls sense that I’m not playing hard to get, but that I’m genuinely not interested and that makes them insecure? Most of these girls are average or good-looking, so maybe they’re not used to disinterest? Girls, what do you think?
Updates:
+1 y
Or maybe they assume I must be taken already, which makes them value me more.
Girls, why do girls try harder when I’m not interested?
Add Opinion