Does anyone elses nose get runny when you eat spicy food?

Cause thats what it does to me!

2619

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• my eyes water first, then my nose, then i start sweating lmao. But thats only for extreme stuff

What Girls Said 25

• Only when it's extremely spicy otherwise not so much ☺️

• On the off the chance that I'm eating something spicy, yes it does. I hate spicy food.

• Yes! :) I use to work at this food place, and we had this spicy sauce. Whenever I had break (aka every time I worked, aka multiple days a week) I would eat that sauce on my food-and it was SO spicy but SO good. So, my nose would run. K. Cool, wipe it and go. BUT my body got stupid. And my nose would run EVERY time I ate, even if it was bread. It was the weirdest thing ever, and I've justfully gotten over it within the last year (and I had that job like 5 years ago)

• That only happens to me with wasabi, and it feels really uncomfortable in my nose - any Chilli spice is fine, unless it's that chemical they put into Buldak, that just makes me sweat because my body can't cope lol

• At times, yes. Reminds me of my dad because he'll announce when something is spicy when his nose starts running. 😛

• Every time!!! It never fails!!! Sometimes I have to stop to wipe my nose... lol

• Rarely. I'm Indian and hence quite immune to spicy food. Unless its too spicy, beyond my capacity. And that happens rarely.

• When it's really spicy yes - clears up your sinuses. xD

• Yeah it does, but it's good!
    Man I love spicy curry (as long as it's not too spicy :P )

• Yeah it does and it also cure colds and sore throats

• I think is normal! after all you are eating an irritant!

• Haha yes

• Yeah. I don't like spicy.

• Yes, this happens to me.

• No just turns red. :(

• It does, yeah. Love spicy food though <3

• Only if the food is really hot :P

• kinda happns with too much chili

• Yeah it usually does

• yes, it's normal to be sweaty too

• Yeah sometimes

• I don't think so. I don't eat spicy food.

• Depends on how hot it is

• yesss XD

• yes indeed

What Guys Said 18

• Thanks for A2A!
    Not quite. I live in India. It is the world capitol of spicy food. Everything is spicy here. So, we Indians are habitual to such kind of food and we don't run our nose (unless of course, it's soooo spicy) :P
    Personally, I don't prefer overly spicy food, it causes acidity. I keep it in moderation :)

• Everybody has a threshold of tolerance for spicy food. And everybody will have their nose run after they have crossed their respective threshold. Unfortunately, white people's food is so bland and tasteless that anythng that has flavor, makes them sweat and bleed.

• Sometimes. I had some wings a few weeks ago that were just right in the threshold of being too hot, need to blow my nose after!

• Yup, and if it's wicked spicy I'll start sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.

• Not unless it's super spicy, I'm used to habaneros though so if it's hotter than those, my nose will run a bit, lol.

• Everybody does and thats what makes it so delicious

• Yes I like Indian food and the Spicer the better. It does make my nose run.

• Dude I ate a Carolina reaper as a dare. I fuckin died. Runny nose, uncontrollable hiccups, vein popping out my head. Luckily they didn't have a cow there or else I would of sucked that fucker dry of all its milk to kill the pain. Felt like the devil stuck his cock down my throat.

After the mouth pain went away, My stomach felt so bad. I woke up at 4 in the morning with such a sharp pain in my stomach. Like super heart burn. I felt like a victim of a xenomorph. downed all my milk.

Won't do that again.

• Yes the great sinus decongestant

• Hmmm sometimes.

• yes, it's normal

• Can't say that I do.

• Yeah and I sweat a bit.

• Yeah me too. The chilli clears you out.

• Yes! It totally does!

• Yes it does haha!

• Sometimes mine does.

• yeeeeeeeeah