Could you taste the difference between cage free, free range, and Caged chicken eggs?

I always thought it was a fad, but my lady friend just gave me some free range chicken eggs from her uncles ranch and they seem to taste different when fried. Not in a good or bad way.

1113

Most Helpful Girl

• They do, I thought it was just me, but my family knows the difference between farmer's market food and the regular Aldi or Target shit I buy. And that's without me even mentioning it.
    The meat quality is definitely a huge, great difference, but it's so expensive lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, livestock that has a more natural diet and environmental conditions ends up tasting different than one on commercial feed and antibiotics in here:

www.poultryhub.org/.../Broiler-shed-interior1.jpg

They are generally more resilient breeds of chickens then leghorns, but they typically lay less eggs per week and you have to hunt for their eggs sometimes if they free range...