What are foods / meals you put on your grocery list?

I'm trying to make a well -rounded and wholesome grocery list so we aren't stuck with the same foods we always get.

Which is primarily pasta, tbh.

And for the past month or so our primary protein source is chicken so I'm kind of getting sick of that, as well.

715

Most Helpful Guy

• pasta is cheap and good for you so it's always good to get
    chicken... very healthy, cheap and tons of ways to prepare it
    ground beef... less healthy but in moderation it is fine. lots of things to do with it (burgers, tacos, meatloaf, meatballs, etc)
    steak... i usually have a bunch in my freezer that i buy when they are on sale. delicious and in moderation healthy to consume

veggies and fruits.
    i steam a lot of veggies as side dishes for meals or otherwise usually go with salads

rice/risotto... it's a great side or something to accompany with meat and veggies

trader joes has really great prepared pizza doughs so we often have that and then obviously some good fresh mozz, sauce and toppings and you have a quick and easy meal

less healthy, i usually have hot dogs, and chicken nuggets so if i need a quick meal they are available

there aren't a ton of meats but it's really about finding different ways to prepare them

• if i can find fish on sale i always get it (only wild caught or "responsibly farm raised"). you can often find tuna and salmon on sale

Most Helpful Girl

• Egg whites
    Cottage cheese
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Celery
    Apples
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    Sweet potatoes
    Spaghetti squash
    Beef jerkey
    Lunch meat