Do you have a "normal" time for having dinner?

Do you have a My girlfriend is a brilliant woman but sometimes, she is unintentionally a little bit arrogant. We were talking about a dinner that we had with my mom and step-dad. We ate at 6:00 pm, which is their normal dinner time. My mom is 85 and step-dad is 86; people that old generally like to follow routines and they always have dinner at 6:00 pm. My girlfriend commented that it was an extremely early time to have dinner and I disagreed with her. Girlfriend usually eats later - like 8:00 or 9:00 pm - and she thinks that is a normal dinner time because that is when she and most of her acquaintances have dinner (that is the unintentional arrogance; she is not a snobby or haughty person.) I told her that just because she does something a particular way does not mean that most people do it the same as her. So. . .

Of course, circumstances can cause you to vary from a routine, so I am not asking if you eat dinner at the same time every day. I am asking whether you have a time when you usually try to have dinner, such as "not later than 7:00 pm."
  • There is no pattern to my usual dinner time.
  • I usually have dinner not later than 5:00 pm
  • I usually have dinner not later than 6:00 pm
    Vote C
  • I usually have dinner not later than 7:00 pm
    Vote D
  • I usually have dinner not later than 8:00 pm
    Vote E
  • I usually have dinner not later than 9:00 pm
    Vote F
  • I usually do not eat dinner
    Vote G

3019

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually eat around 8 or 9. Growing up we ate around 7 because my parents didn't even get home from work until 6-6:30. My grandparents eat between 5 and 6, though and if we are eating with them, I respect that. You have to be flexible if you are eating at someone else's house or going out to eat with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• No pattern, I know people who eat at 8 or 9 though AKA my cousins and I'm not looking forward to dinner at the week of Thanksgiving for that and it just messes with me and my eating habits due to my meds