Help! Massive sugar addiction?

So ever since I started college, I started eating tons of desserts - cookies, cakes, pies, and such. I just found out recently that one of the cookies I was especially eating like five times a week had 52 grams of sugar in it, and that was only one of many sweet things I would have eaten in the day. I have store-bought cookies by me in my dorm and I can't help snacking off of them like every three hours while I study.

Today, I went and I couldn't help myself, and I got another one of those cookies again, and then I drank 3/4 of a Sprite too.

I'm actually still pretty skinny, but still, I don't want to get like diabetes or something. Help, what do I do?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You go cold turkey, no sweets at all. Then you go through withdrawal - depression, irritability, bargaining with yourself. With time the need decreases until you're not putting all your energy into self-control. In the end you will lose your taste for sweets. One month should do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy some fruit and eat a lot of those you'll be way to full to even think about cookies