Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• YES!

My mother will choke me to death if I said this infront of her. Usually her saying on me is "I know why you like men that can cook. It is because you're lazy!!!"

It is not because of lazy, but to think about it many men here in my area actually CANNOT COOK. It is a big problem whenever their children come back from school and are often starving since the dad is always waiting for their mom to come back somewhere. Also, when the wife is just delivering little baby, man can take care of their children and her.

Well my mom might be angry about my thought but its my dad that often cook for her when my little siblings was born years ago :D haha.

p. s: and I think I am going to marry a man that can beat his special fried rice recipe. LOL just kidding.

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Feeding yourself is a life skill. If you take a "traditional" look at it… the man provides and the woman prepares it for him… what you have are two helpless people.

Cooking is fun, creative, and, unless you're among the world's top chefs, there is always a higher level to take your game. I love cooking.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If my man knows his way around my coffee machine, I'm a happy woman. That's all I care about 😬

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely... why?
    so we can take care of ourselves and not rely on someone else to prepare meals or spend excess money going out

also most women are very impressed and attracted to a guy who can throw together a nice meal. i routinely will prepare a nice meal and the wife and i will hav a nice date night in.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted yes because learning to cook is one of my best decisions lol. I cook myself some the most healthy meals and I'm able to season them taste better than any restaurant I've been to (That doesn't mean I don't like letting someone else cook for me every now and then) I can also spend a small amount of money on ingredients and make a dish last a week or more and still have ingredients to spare. I think every human should take an interest in the ability to feed themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone should know how to cook, I learned a little late (18) but of course you shouldn't expect your woman to do all the cooking that will get tedious and cause a lot of fights unless she sincerely wants to and enjoys doing all of it you should still do the cleaning for her at least.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think they should, cooking is not that difficult. I've been taught when I was around 15, by my mother, I had to care about my sister too since my parents weren't home every day due to their jobs. I kept practicing since I like cooking and now I can say I am well enough, not a chef lol but no one has ever felt bad after I cooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you assuming Men can't cook? I can cook it up! Especially breakfast for my lady before she goes off to work... So I would say the Cool Guys already know how HA

1|0
    1|1
  • No man should ever get married because he is helpless and needs a woman to take over his mother's role.

1|0
    0|1
  • They don't have to. If a man want to learn how to cook it''s his choice, and it should stay that way. If you mean should there be some sort rule where all mean should learn, cooking then no definitely not. I assume if a man can't cook and doesn;t plan on learning how is getting his food some other way. And if not, then it's on him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Why wouldn't you? It's a good thing to learn.

0|2
    0|0
  • Only if they don't know how to. My dad is an amazing cook, my mum on the other hand... not so much.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well I don't know, to me it's like you can put things in and let it cook, but there are some meals where you always have to take special care of it, and i don't get what would make it so much more tasty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, so they can feed themselves. And even feed their partner or family. Especially now days where both the male and female partner work.

1|1
    0|1
  • well.. if we men cooked, and cleaned and sew, then whats the point of having a woman? i rather have a team mate then competition. fyi.. i can do all of that.. so.. single life is good lol

0|0
    1|1
  • Everybody should be able to cook at least passably, so they don't starve when they're alone and can share the responsibility in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, im learning because atm i dont have a woman to cook for me. How lovely it was eating moms food... Those were the days.. I hope my future wife knowd how to cook well

0|0
    0|0
  • Literally, I've met more men who can cook than men who can't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone should learn to cook. Having to rely on others isn't exactly a good trait. :3

0|1
    0|0
  • it's a basic life skill that everyone should know
    besides, a lot of men cook better than women these days tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, what happens when his partner is sick lol? Men know how to cook though for real. Especially when it comes to grilling. Oh yummy yum yum.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes! Why? Because EVERYONE should learn how to be independent. You can't always rely on somebody else to take care of you. I pity anyone who can't make even the simplest of meals for themselves. Also, I have a strong dislike towards gender roles. I'm well aware that there are some people who feel women should be the caregivers & for some reason, cooking falls in line with that role. But I think it takes a very selfish, immature, & toxic type man to force that role on somebody. Just because you feel it's beneath you to make food for yourself when you're hungry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know how to cook. Men are independent and should not rely on women for their next meal.

0|0
    0|0
  • All adults must know how to cook to be considered independent.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's a useful skill. We shouldn't expect our wives to be an expert on it, plus it can make you the star of a night with the bros

0|0
    0|0
  • yes so incase one day wifey is sick then he can at least fill in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Women should learn how to work full time jobs being laborers too. Rememver feminists, you don't need a man 😘

0|0
    0|0
  • I can already cook better than 99% of young women out there. Young women today are useless at cooking.

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously yes, if you don't know how to cook you'll die.

0|2
    0|0
  • It is a basic survival technique that a human being should know in general.

0|2
    0|0
  • Everyone should lean to cook, not just woman or men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol a lot of men do know how to cook, my dad is always making me dinner and his food tastes great

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally believe that very same could be said for women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone should learn to cook since food is necessary to survival, and a good way to impress the opposite sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, so I can feed myself and take care of myself! I am not a baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of the world's top chef are men, so yes y not !!

0|1
    0|0
  • Considering most women can't if they want to eat well they should

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I love cooking! I wanna get a spiralizer soon!

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost all the guys I've meet can cook. My brother is in culinary school rn. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • They should marry a normal, conservative woman who will cook for them.

0|0
    0|1
    • So I'm abnormal, because my boyfriend does most of the cooking? Whereas he actually enjoys taking on that role in our relationship. So who are you to say we aren't normal?

• Adults need to know how to cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone should know how to feed themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women belong in the kitchen.

0|2
    3|2
    • Just kidding. I don't see why man shouldn't have to learn how to cook. However where did you even get this from. I'm pretty sure most guys know how to cook. especially where im from lol. We sometimes stay at a mates house and cook. The guys cook way better than the women.

• Show All
    • Women will tear you a new butthole for saying things like that :P

• @Nonemorewhite I don't give a fuck didn't expect anyone to agree with me.

• Of course. If for no one else - for themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I'd love to cook (good) for my girl!

0|1
    0|0
  • don't they already know? lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well duh?

0|0
    0|0
  • Every one should know how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can cook :)