Why did you choose to be vegan/vegetarian?

Expect to defend your answer because I might ask some questions about it.

203

Most Helpful Girl

• I was vegetarian at first because it was more convenient than being vegan, but eventually I learned about the cruelty involved in the egg and dairy industry and realized that it was no better than meat. Once you learn the truth, the next logical step is veganism.

• I remember I was on the quad and there was a stall there where they paid you a dollar to watch a slaughterhouse video. I used that dollar to buy me a cheeseburger later for lunch.

• No, it doesn't, because I've been on your side for 18 years. I'm knowledgeable on both lifestyles and despite veganism being the strange and foreign option, I was able to take in new information and change my behaviour so that it matched my values. I didn't make excuses and I didn't close my mind to hearing the truth even when it counteracted my own beliefs and actions at the time. I chose the lifestyle that was better for my health, for the animals, and for the environment, and that's not closed-minded. I wasn't being passive-aggressive, I just don't see the point in arguing with someone who only speaks to be right, and not to understand. The fact that you don't understand shows how little you know about veganism and therefore don't have all of the information necessary to even make a decision on what's more ethical, healthier, and environmentally friendly. I'm sorry, I just don't see the good side of animal slaughter.

• I chose the lifestyle better for everything too. I even said to be ready to defend your answers because I wanted to know and I wanted to challenge your decision making on this topic, so I'm not on here just to be right. In the end of your argument you pretty much sum it up real nice, talking about the ethicality of not eating meat. Some people just know how to suck it up and deal with the fact that eating meat comes with death of animals.

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried to be that, but had to give up the idea: my type of body needs fats and meat.

About 15% of people can be vegetarian or nearly vegetarian without debilitating their bodies.

• What was the beginning reason to want to be vegetarian?

• It's obvious. Didn't feel very cool eating killed others.