Safe diets for vegetarians?

I am currently a 'vegetarian' (Meaning the only meat I eat is nuggets) and want to try out a diet. I can't just make one up because I would like a set of guidelines to follow because I like rules apparently. I currently go to the gym at least two days a week and want to become healthier and fitter. What are some diets that are fully safe to do and can benefit my health and body?

57

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure if you eat chicken nuggets, you're not a vegetarian. Because chicken nuggets are... chicken... which is meat... so...

Vegetarianism shouldn't necessarily be used just for the means of weight loss, as I know overweight vegetarians who eat horribly, just with the absence of meat.

You need to just balance your diet, I suggest talking to a doctor or perhaps your gym teacher at school about nutrition (assuming you guys cover that in school). A simple idea of healthy eating would limit processed foods (like chicken meat nuggets), focus on whole foods (unaltered foods), rely on lean protein or plant based alternatives, fewer enriched carbs (only whole wheat varieties in proper quantities), dairy or substitutes, and of course plenty of veg and fruit. Also limit unnecessary salt and sugar intakes and drink plenty of water, get all of your vitamins, etc.

Along with that regular, regulated exercise will also help immensely. Perhaps join a sports team or club at school, start jogging with a friend, etc.

• I not a full vegetarian I know. I am trying to get myself off nuggets which is turning successsful. Thanks for the really good advice though!

• No problem girl, good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Limit your carbs to 120 grams per day (about 4 ounces), favour vegetable fats over animal fats and at all costs avoid hydrogenated fats. Margarine and the like. Calculate your carb intake on food labels. So if a serving is 100 grams with 40% carbs, your carb count per serving is 40 grams.
    Avoid simple carb altogether and eat as much as possible only complex carbs. Whole grain, stone ground bread is ok, refined flour bread is not ok.
    Shoot for 10 to 12 servings per day of fruit and veggies, about 2/3 of which veggie.
    Lentils are the greatest, many tasty recipes online, but do not neglect the green leafies. Fruit. Avoid tropical, go with less sweet temporal zone goodies. Blueberries and strawberries over melons and bananas.

For more info check out mayoclinic. com