Safe diets for vegetarians?

I am currently a 'vegetarian' (Meaning the only meat I eat is nuggets) and want to try out a diet. I can't just make one up because I would like a set of guidelines to follow because I like rules apparently. I currently go to the gym at least two days a week and want to become healthier and fitter. What are some diets that are fully safe to do and can benefit my health and body?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure if you eat chicken nuggets, you're not a vegetarian. Because chicken nuggets are... chicken... which is meat... so...

Vegetarianism shouldn't necessarily be used just for the means of weight loss, as I know overweight vegetarians who eat horribly, just with the absence of meat.

You need to just balance your diet, I suggest talking to a doctor or perhaps your gym teacher at school about nutrition (assuming you guys cover that in school). A simple idea of healthy eating would limit processed foods (like chicken meat nuggets), focus on whole foods (unaltered foods), rely on lean protein or plant based alternatives, fewer enriched carbs (only whole wheat varieties in proper quantities), dairy or substitutes, and of course plenty of veg and fruit. Also limit unnecessary salt and sugar intakes and drink plenty of water, get all of your vitamins, etc.

Along with that regular, regulated exercise will also help immensely. Perhaps join a sports team or club at school, start jogging with a friend, etc.

1|1
    0|0
    • I not a full vegetarian I know. I am trying to get myself off nuggets which is turning successsful. Thanks for the really good advice though!

• No problem girl, good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Limit your carbs to 120 grams per day (about 4 ounces), favour vegetable fats over animal fats and at all costs avoid hydrogenated fats. Margarine and the like. Calculate your carb intake on food labels. So if a serving is 100 grams with 40% carbs, your carb count per serving is 40 grams.
    Avoid simple carb altogether and eat as much as possible only complex carbs. Whole grain, stone ground bread is ok, refined flour bread is not ok.
    Shoot for 10 to 12 servings per day of fruit and veggies, about 2/3 of which veggie.
    Lentils are the greatest, many tasty recipes online, but do not neglect the green leafies. Fruit. Avoid tropical, go with less sweet temporal zone goodies. Blueberries and strawberries over melons and bananas.

For more info check out mayoclinic. com

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Firstly I'd likes to state that you're not vegetarian... nuggets are not an exception. But, you can always look for meat alternatives. I don't know where you're from, but in the U. K. we have a product called Quorn which is a good protein source and I prefer the veggie nuggets, you can't even tell the difference. But just look into all the proteins you can have and it'll make things so much easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are my favorite person Lmao. "I'm vegetarian but the only meat I eat is nuggets"

1|1
    0|0
    • Well my parents make me eat at least one type of thing. Even nuggets are starting to gross me out

• don't diet , but have a healthier life style meaning watch what you eat. Having a diet is not restricts what life has to offer. Just stick to eat what's healthy such as vegetables and grains and in moderate.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about eating less food it's about eating the right food.
    Lots of vegetables, lots of lean protein. Stay away from carbs, sugar, and salt. You want a small amount of all of these. You can get enough carbs and sugar from fruit. You get salt in a lot of things...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its about eating healthy, make sure you get your proteins and dark leafy greens. Deep oranges, reds and yellows are impotant too. Dont diet... no need on a healthy food plan. You can have cookies and snacks, just not daily. Limit carbs and DONT eat fried foods. Eat organic (do research on which brands are available in your area, because just by a company claiming it is organic, does not make it so).

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat naturally but decrease the daily fat intake and get rid of junk food and chocolate. And do squats every time 20 reps 5 sets. And you are cute dont worry

0|0
    0|0
  • what do you mean by nuggets? chicken nuggets?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes. One time I tried a vegan schnitzel and it tasted like a meat pie and I couldn't eat it. Fun useless fact!

• how long have you been a 'vegetarian'?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol since I was about 9. Meat grosses me out hardcore and Ai think that's why nuggets are semi okay because they so processed they are not even similar to meat lol.

• then you're not truly a vegetarian

0|0
    0|0
  • everybody needs different diet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes