Do you think that water resources are a human right or should they be privatized?

Do you think that water resources are a human right or should they be privatized?

• Do you think that water resources are a human right or should they be privatized?They are a right
    Vote A
  • Do you think that water resources are a human right or should they be privatized?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I went with "no" but it brings to question the meaning behind human rights to me. Does that mean a right protected by the government?

If so, then technically we shouldn't have water bills, no? Everyone would pay the same rate through taxes, I'd imagine, regardless of how much or how little water they use, and those who cannot pay taxes would still have access to as much water as they want.

That doesn't seem like a better scenario to me than simply charging people based on the amount of water they use, especially since some people use way more water than they should need.

Or is it that we should avoid free water at public facilities like water fountains? That would be horrible since some homeless people rely on that to survive, so there I do think water should be freely available for everyone.

I'm mainly confused about what this means exactly. If it's about ensuring survival, would that make food and shelter also a basic human right for everyone, regardless of whether they can afford it or work for it?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because water is required in order for us to survive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• NO of course not. In the same way you don't have a right to land. Everyone pays for their property. Water is the same. If you want it, you earn it like everyone else. If you want more water earn more water. You can have all the water you want. He'll you have the right to start a business selling water. Or maybe water treatment. All kinds of stuff. That's the beauty of the free market. You have the right to capitalize on water as a resource but you don't have the right to get that resource for free.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clean water is a human right.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are a requirement for humans to survive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Water is literally everywhere, who cares.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • People dont have the right to water yet these cooperations think they have a right to make money off it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes