How to Drink Responsibly?

Once I start drinking I just can't stop. Do you guys have any tip how to control yourself. I'm going to be in an all-inclusive resort, so money is not a way to control the amount of drinks I can have since everything is included. Any help? Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same boat. It is made worse here in Japan because there are so many places that provide nomihoudai (all you can drink).

That said, I've not been able to cease it when I go out but I've been able to slow it down. One of the ways that has helped me is to just drink straight liquor. Sour cocktails don't work for me, I'll gulp them up. Straight liquor like straight whiskey or rum or vodka or tequila takes me time to drink though.

I found when I switched to straight liquor that I might go from 30 cocktails in one night to just, say, 8 glasses of whiskey. If it's on the rocks though, I'll drink them almost as fast as cocktails.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another one that really helps me is atsukan (hot sake/nihonshu).
      www.asianfoodgrocer.com/blog/images/hot-sake.jpg

I don't know if that's available in your area but too things really slow me down when I drink those. First it's very hot so I can't gulp it so easily, at least not in the beginning, and second it's served in a teeny cup so it really slows me down having to repeatedly pour it (also it's considered kind of obnoxious to pour your own drink, so usually I have to wait for my friends to pour it for me while I point at the empty cup).

• Show All
    • One final one that helps me is to start dancing and singing. I'm one of those where if it's like a bar and everyone's sitting down, I'll be the only obnoxious one standing around and singing and dancing anyway. That slows down the drinking pace.

• Awesome! thanks for all the tips! I'll definitely try them! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people do one glass of water per alcoholic drink. While it won't keep you sober it'll slow down how much alcohol you're drinking in a certain time frame.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I never drank alcohol (only on the new year) nor smoked anything, but I had the same problem with soda which is an addiction too because of the sugar... I stopped drinking it when I made myself drink A LOT of water everytime I had the urge to drink the soda. Perhaps you should try that.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel that alcohol and soda are really different when it comes to limiting them...

• Trust me, when you can't drink anything but soda... that's hard to limit.

• don't have to limit your drinking.

get all the drinks and food you want in your room, give all keys to someone you trust, lock yourself in, have at it.

seriously though, it's all about self control. you have no discipline? you gone get fucked up lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • try drinking slower and talking to people. you will be diverted and the slow speed could result in less number of drinks in the night.

Also , just don't in a very happy or very sad or any extreme moods ( this is more important ).

0|0
    0|0
  • Try drinking slower, it should help you not drink as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • First, avoid all-inclusive resorts!

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't drink

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes