Is a hotdog a sandwich? Yes or No?

This is a debate going on at school and I'm sure it's been brought up before, but why not ask GAG?

Personally I don't count it as a sandwich because you don't eat it like a sandwich. The opening of the bun is skywards (unlike a Subway sandwich that is open towards the side) and if you put stuff on it, you can't hold it vertically like a sandwich.

A guy yesterday said a hotdog is "an American taco" because of its design. What do you think?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

411

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think a hot dog is a sandwich or a taco. It's a hot dog.