What did you cook today?

I'm really hungry but have no idea what to cook. So I'll just sit here and starve until I can think of something different to cook.

109

Most Helpful Guy

• I made tomato basil soup along with BLT sandwiches.
    farm9.staticflickr.com/.../...24576_edf224625d.jpg

For the soup, I just go with a recipe of butter, garlic, onions, carrots, plum tomatoes, and chicken stock. Basically start with butter, garlic, onions, and carrots. Cook until tender. Then water and chicken stock, simmer for a while. Then finally tomatoes and simmer for a while longer.

Then put all that in a blender and blend it all. Finally transfer back to stove and season to taste, using more chicken stock if necessary along with salt and pepper. I'm not very precise with my soup/sauce recipes since I just go by tasting and tweaking since they're very forgiving that way as long as we go slow and easy with the tweaking and taste every time. It also allows me to be lazy and avoid measuring the ingredients.

Finally put the basil on top.

• (I don't bother with parsley as in the photo)

• I think minimalist variations of this recipe also come out nice, like one time I only had onions, butter, regular tomatoes, carrots, and chicken stock. I was lacking the basil, garlic, and plum tomatoes.

So I tried with just those and it still turned out quite nice and not so different from the full version -- technically "tomato and basil soup" minus the basil. :-D I found in that case that adding a small amount of ketchup actually seemed to help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tonight I made my own stuffed crust pizza with herbed tomato paste, spicy chorizo, red onion, cherry tomatoes, tasty shredded cheese, bocconcini with fresh baby rocket on top.

I also made dinner for tomorrow night. I made pork soup with peas, carrots, leek, corn, onion, garlic and bertocchi leg ham (still attached to the bone). It's been slow cooking for 4 hours. I had a taste and it's really awesome. I'll add some spaghetti noodles to it tomorrow and eat it with a fresh roll.