What is your opinion on people who claim they cannot cook?

• I think the majority are lazy and don't want to try because that means they'll have to keep doing it
    Vote A
  • I think the majority were probably never taught how, and don't think they can learn on their own
    Vote B
  • I think the majority probably tried a few times, failed a few times, and got really discouraged
    Vote C
  • I think the majority who say this, just have no talent for it and shouldn't keep trying
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... they have to take it upon themselves to cook. My mom never wanted to teach me so I took culinary classes in high school and I look up recipes to try out. There's so many videos and recipes online so if someone really doesn't know how to cook... they don't want to know

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Immature. It's not that hard to cook. Being an adult means being able to cook for yourself. You can't rely on takeout for the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• basically anybody can cook simple things like pasta if they actually focus and follow the instructions. I think most people who claim that they "can't cook" anything at all either just want an excuse to eat out, don't think cooking is fun, or can't be bothered.

4|0
    0|0
  • I cannot cook because I don't enjoy cooking. Just the same reason I cannot learn another language or lose weight 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • i think its how some people trap you into eating there food because you say something on the lines i bet you can cook fine and now you got to try it lol. and 9 times out of 10 its pretty freaking amazing. and they probably already knew that lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wanted to vote, but the first three options (A, B, C) are the main causes of people not being able to cook/not willing to learn , and really don't know which of them might be the main one, since it depends about the situations. Anyway, I would say B, since cooking in a decent way isn't that difficult, so most people tried but they. are lazy and so they give up.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're just lazy or they just don't wanna put the effort in. Cooking is easy. All you really have to do is make sure its not raw, it's not burnt, and you added salt.

2|0
    1|0
  • I immediatly doubt anyone who claims an inability to do whatever they claim not to be able to. People can do anything, if they set their minds to it, within reason of course.. but cooking is not difficult by any means.

1|1
    1|0
  • My mother said I'm not allowed to learn how to cook and if I try to learn she will kick me out of the house. When I graduate from university - I will probably learn how to cook once I move out. I am allowed to use the microwave so I used to cook chicken and pasta and home made lasanga in the microwave.

0|0
    0|0
    • literally why?

• Because she wants to sabotage my life. She also denied me medical treatment when I had anorexia and diabetes at the age of 9 and convinced my dad to leave me out of the will.

• Your mom sounds batshit... what is her reasoning? As a mother, she should be actively trying to instill important life skills in you, not actively preventing you from acquiring them.

• from experience, I know how to cook basic stuff like pasta, chicken, ground beef and anything that has directions to it, but I still claim I don't know how to cook because I know so little.

0|0
    0|0
    • You know how to cook some things and you're learning. Nothing wrong with saying that.

• I guess it's boring for them, but... maybe they just need to get stimulated to do it, and try for some days to start apreciating. Sure, waching them can be the bad part, but... we have machines for that today, is not that awfull.

They just need to try and get the taste for it. As soon they feel they are coking something decente, they will start valuing the skill.

0|0
    0|0
  • they either don't want to cook or haven't been taught. My mama taught me how to use a stove and oven when i was a kid and heck my 14 yr old niece even knows how to cook. I see it like this, if you wanna eat , you'll cook lol. people can't always go out to eat and your mama can't cook for you forever so you better learn to cook if you so called can't cook.

0|0
    0|0
    • So true. I feel that now especially with the internet, even if you don't have that mom figure or dad figure teaching you, you can learn. It's hard for me to believe say, a doctor who has to learn how to literally save lives all day long, couldn't figure out how to fry and egg, or cook some rice. Cooking is far less technical and far easier than that. That's crazy.

• A mix of A and B.

We're never taught and too lazy to try to learn.

It's not that hard... can you read? Then you can cook. They're called recipes lol

1|0
    1|0
  • Lazy. Cooking is easy. I understand if you say you don't like cooking, but being unable to cook is unacceptable.

2|0
    1|0
  • Majority probably lazy. They've gotten this far without cooking, they probably don't think it's worth the hassle to get started now.

1|0
    1|0
  • None of these.

I have said I can't cook. I am not referring to an ability or inability to learn at all. I am stating I never learned how and am not about to. You can microwave just about anything and do very simple things on the stove (like open a can, pour it in a pot, heat up the food from the can), as well as buy stuff you don't have to cook, so there is no reason to learn how to cook if you're not going to have kids.

"Lazy" refers to not doing things you should do or have to do, like you have work to do on the job and won't do it. I don't see not being interested in cooking as lazy, especially as a single person.

0|0
    1|0
    • It's pretty hard to eat healthy when the extent of your cooking is "pour can in pot" and "pop in microwave". It's no wonder we have so many diet related health issues in Canada and the US.

• None of the above. Cooking isn't easy because it's an art form. If cooking was easy then Gordon Ramsay wouldn't have a TV show.

2|0
    1|1
    • Gourmet cooking isn't easy, but putting together a decent meal is not remotely difficult.

• Show All
    • @Sara413 I'm bored with you.

• Rabble Rabble!

• My opinion is that, too bad. Cooking is very fun and therapeutic.

1|0
    1|0
    • I love cooking on weekends when I have the time to devote to making something fabulous. Love baking on weekends too. Making something completely from scratch is such a great feeling, especially when it tastes great haha

On weekdays though I generally limit my cooking to meals that take less than half an hour. Pastas, stir fry's, grilled or roasted veggies, etc.

• @Sara413 Yes, I agree it is a great feelings. Especially when family or friends try your food 😋

• Stupid. Lmao who's gonna make food for you? You have to know how to cook lol

0|1
    2|0
  • I can cook quite well but I hate doing it. It just stresses me out too much.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're lying. Any moron can follow a recipe and do fine.

1|1
    1|0
  • I think the majority were probably never taught how, and don't think they can learn on their own

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to cook cause I'll burn down the house I am too scared.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't cook but if some can I admire them it's a good thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? I think they're stupid. lol

0|1
    1|0
  • its whatevers

1|0
    0|0
  • its all of the above depending on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are just humans

0|0
    0|0
  • I say is laziness.

0|0
    0|0
  • We really can't.

I guess it's laziness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too lazy & impatient to cook myself!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not wife material and adult man-children

0|0
    1|0
  • Theyre lazy and/or ignorant

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the best cook in this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are genuinely lazy and won't even try to cook, but I believe most try a few times but don't make it perfect each time so they claim they suck. I love cooking and baking but every time I make rice in a stick pot on the stove I ALWAYS burn it without fail. It has to be in a rice cooker, steamer or non stick pan, but until I tried to make it the last few ways I just gave up for a long time and never made it saying I sucked. It took courage to try it again and make it differently.

0|0
    0|0
  • the same thing i think about vegetarians who go around saying they're vegetarians, its like stfu already, we know it's just a fad you're going through, no true human can go through life without meat

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes