What is your favorite PIZZA?

What is your favorite PIZZA?
I travel all over the USA for work and love trying as many pizza joints as i can. I need your help GAG community. I need you to tell me what pizza is your favorite. I need to know the what, the where and the why it is so good? So tell me the secret spots... no pizza hut, papa johns, etc.. I want awesome pizza in your town that you swear by.. because If I visit I will be trying the pizza! So lets get started.
Updates:
I am so sorry... It appears i did not ask the right question... if you guys could give me some love over on my other question it would be much appreciated... or tell my your favorite pizza place here... not fav pizza style... I want to know your favorite place...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2340163-what-is-your-favorite-pizza-restaurant-in-your-neighborhood-that-you

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The best pizza I've ever had was at this deep dish joint called Giordano's in Florida they have more of them in other places but theyre so good. And you can even get it shipped to you

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes that is originally from Chicago.. so good.

• Show All
    • @asheslee I am all NYC pizza... Johns on bleecker street is by far the best I have had.. except for Difaras in brooklyn

• I have tried neither of the other two... I spent most of my days in Manhattan with a vegan (seriously) and a lot of time in White Plains. I got to do some fab places in Hell's Kitchen and typical tourist traps like Lindy's and the like.

Most Helpful Guy

• New Haven, CT: Frank Pepe's; Sally's Apizza
    East Boston, MA: Santarpio's
    👍👍

0|0
    0|0
    • Frank Pepes... fresh clam pizza baby... bada bing

• Show All
    • I've actually only had Sally's a couple of times, they don't open until like 5-5:30 and I'm usually out of town by then, I just go there for work. I didn't notice a cold cheese pizza on the menu, but I also am pretty straightforward with toppings so I don't study the menu too closely. I've played hooky and skipped down to Manhattan on the train a couple times when I've had something to do early down more in the Bridgeport-Stamford stretch but I don't have much time to explore if I want to be back in CT before rush hour hits, my drive home is like three hours as is. So I just play it safe with Ray's, which is good, but you could get that from a tourist pamphlet, haha. So I wish I could give a good call on NYC pizza, but I can't, that's just out of range for me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's hard to beat the classic all dressed, plain pepperoni, or just simple cheeses... simplcity can be soo delish sometimes

However If I had to pick the most delish I had so far
    Fresh crust
    prosciutto
    Arugula
    Fresh Sliced Parmigiano cheese

A glass of red wine

Beautiful

0|1
    0|0
    • Whats your fav pizza joint?

• Show All
    • hahah, then it would be a little italian place that makes fresh pizzas in a stone oven... which is the fancy one I described with wine

• dude totally my screw up here... I fucked up and asked the wrong question to begin with.. I am traveling the USA so I am looking for places to visit... so I am asking your favorite pizza joint? That is not a chain... something that is in your town that you love... that is not a pizza hut or papa johns... ? make sense? I am looking for the best of the best on the planet.

• Around here, there's a tiny pizza place that everyone drives super far to get pizza from. Slice of the 80's pizza. It's the best pizza I've ever had. Some friends from out of state make a trip there whenever they're in state because it's that good.

0|0
    0|0
  • A local place called Hideaway Pizza. They have some really unusual styles. My fave is called Pizza of the Gods. It uses an olive oil and garlic glaze instead of a red sauce and has artichokes, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella and smoked provolone. I like it with a thin crust which at this place is more a medium than a true thin crust

0|0
    0|0
  • Margherita with fresh mozz. I've tried a place in NYC too but have no recollection of the name. I also liked pan pizza at pizza hut in the 90's but I don't think they make them anymore. The golden bottom was so much more flavorful than the dry blackened bottoms of most pizzas.

0|0
    0|0
  • Manchester England: Dogs and Dough have a pizza named after the movie the big lebowski. It's bomb.

0|2
    0|0
    • I might need to make the trip to try because the movie is amazing so the pizza must be pretty fucking awesome lol.. Sadly to few people know the movie =(

• Show All
    • haha dude i think you might have just become one of my fav G@Gers lol.. I grew up watching that stuff and have yet to find a woman who will watch much less enjoy any of those movies lol

• @MrAssHat I'm a huge movie fan so of course I've seen all the classics. It's usually why older men date me because I have great movie taste, know movie references and trivia and I have a broad taste in music too. Cheers anyway :D it's nice to see someone appreciate the geek!

• For a long time (and still to this day), I've always enjoyed a sausage pizza. I also like just a regular cheese pizza and sometimes a pepperoni pizza. I also enjoy a deluxe/supreme pizza. I've gotten to enjoy those, as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's this place in Charlotte called MezzaNotte Brick Oven! This place puts Papa Johns and Pizza Hut to shame

0|1
    0|0
  • JJ Pizza near OU campus in Norman was always my go to spot whenever im in the state.. Been there for bout 30 years

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no good pizza place where I live, like not some special mom and pop shop. Nah, it's mostly franchise..

0|0
    0|0
  • Tend to prefer pizzas from indian takeaway type places over like dominoes or pizza hut. Atm mine is a Stuffed Crust pizza with Donner, Chikken Tikka and Lamb Tikka.

Delicious

0|0
    0|0
  • My fave is deep dish jalapeños and onions from dominos. But I live in a small town so not much to choose from

0|0
    0|0
  • A Slice Of New York Pizza is hands down the best pizza in my town (San Jose)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is authentic Marinara Pizza.

Yeah, that's how I judge your pizza. If a pizza restaurant can not make a decent Marinara Pizza then that restaurant isn't worth anything.

Why? It's simple, because it is simple. You have the sauce and the dough. No cheese, no meat, nothing. There are no flavor enhancers or anything. That means all the skills and abilities of the pizza maker will be on the pizza. From the sauce, the tomato, the dough to the oregano, the garlic and the oil. Everything has to be perfect together to make the pizza.

What kind of pizza would it be if both the sauce and the dough are failures?

0|0
    0|0
  • thin crust spinach garlic pizza with blobs of ricotta

0|0
    0|0
  • LOMBARDI's!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • sausage

0|0
    0|0
  • Hawaiian is the best :)