My 21st birthday is Friday, what types of drinks and brands are your favorite that I should try?

Anything goes. Beer, Wine, Liquor, etc.

2536

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, happy birthday 😊

It depends, lol. Drinking for taste? Or for effect?

I'll share some of my favs-

Vodka: depends on if you're mixing, or straight. Grey Goose and Belvedere are best for straight, as are some of the infused ones. Had Belvedere Intense once, not sure you can get it anymore. Was 100 proof instead of 80. And my favorite kind is hard to find too, it's called Little Black Dress. Smoothest I've ever tasted.

To mix, depends if you like sweet or less sweet. You can mix it with most anything, that's the nice part about vodka. There's the usual, soda or redbull, or cranberry juice. A couple off the wall ones are pomegranate juice or guava. Had it with guava in Chicago once, and it's surprisingly good.

Hint for vodka too... If you're drinking a lot of it, go with potato, grain based makes for worse hangovers.

Whiskey: The usual are Jack or Crown, both are alright. Good if mixed, and some are great straight. Honey Jack is damn good straight, and so is Stranahans. If you like whiskey sours, try a Ward 8. There's a lot more to whiskey, lol. Ask your bartender.

Wine: way too much to go into, lol. Figure out if you like reds, or whites. Reds can be super dry, to not at all. I love red wine mixed with Italian food, but for casual glasses, mostly whites. See if you can find Infinite Monkey Theorem. They make really good blended wines, the Riesling is my favorite.

Beer: again, waaaayyy too much for here. Learn the types, and flavors. For example, some IPAs are way too hoppy for me, some are delicious. Some of the very best beers are your smaller microbrews. Not talking Sam Adams, but ones that have the creative freedom to make all kinds of wacky shit. There's even coffee beer, lol. It's not bad. Some of the Belgian once are great, if you like dark beer. Dushesse is phenomenal.

If you go for tequila, do the infused ones. There's a pomegranate one from Mexico, called La Pinta, that is lethal. Sneaks up on you because it is so easily drinkable.

Hmmm... anything I've forgotten? I'm sure you'll find what you like best. Trying stuff is fun, and you'll figure out your go-tos. Have fun, and above all, be safe. No sense in enjoying any of it if your not.

• Thanks for mho, I hope you had a great birthday!

• Missing? Lol, it sounds... interesting 😝 at least you'll have memories of it, that's the whole point, and the fun.

• *kissing and dancing

Most Helpful Guy

• I am seeing a lot of sugary drinks down there in the answers.

If you don't drink often, then that means you haven't been hungover often. Alcohol plus sugar leads to a terrible feeling. Have an alcoholic drink, then have a water drink. Do that the whole night.

Ok, less warnings:

Wine: I love Pino Noir, but honestly, if you're gonna do wine, you should only do wine that night. So maybe thats not tonights drink.

Beer: Ask the bartender what seasonals or sours they have from local craft breweries. Drink something made in your home town. It'll feel more special. Stay away from stouts and porters, they'll make you feel too bloated.

Liquor: Get an old fashioned. Its delicious and manly. Don't do shots, they're overpriced. Get one girly drink and order it like this "I want the most delicious girly fancy cocktail you got" you don't be disappointed :)