My 21st birthday is Friday, what types of drinks and brands are your favorite that I should try?

Anything goes. Beer, Wine, Liquor, etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, happy birthday 😊

It depends, lol. Drinking for taste? Or for effect?

I'll share some of my favs-

Vodka: depends on if you're mixing, or straight. Grey Goose and Belvedere are best for straight, as are some of the infused ones. Had Belvedere Intense once, not sure you can get it anymore. Was 100 proof instead of 80. And my favorite kind is hard to find too, it's called Little Black Dress. Smoothest I've ever tasted.

To mix, depends if you like sweet or less sweet. You can mix it with most anything, that's the nice part about vodka. There's the usual, soda or redbull, or cranberry juice. A couple off the wall ones are pomegranate juice or guava. Had it with guava in Chicago once, and it's surprisingly good.

Hint for vodka too... If you're drinking a lot of it, go with potato, grain based makes for worse hangovers.

Whiskey: The usual are Jack or Crown, both are alright. Good if mixed, and some are great straight. Honey Jack is damn good straight, and so is Stranahans. If you like whiskey sours, try a Ward 8. There's a lot more to whiskey, lol. Ask your bartender.

Wine: way too much to go into, lol. Figure out if you like reds, or whites. Reds can be super dry, to not at all. I love red wine mixed with Italian food, but for casual glasses, mostly whites. See if you can find Infinite Monkey Theorem. They make really good blended wines, the Riesling is my favorite.

Beer: again, waaaayyy too much for here. Learn the types, and flavors. For example, some IPAs are way too hoppy for me, some are delicious. Some of the very best beers are your smaller microbrews. Not talking Sam Adams, but ones that have the creative freedom to make all kinds of wacky shit. There's even coffee beer, lol. It's not bad. Some of the Belgian once are great, if you like dark beer. Dushesse is phenomenal.

If you go for tequila, do the infused ones. There's a pomegranate one from Mexico, called La Pinta, that is lethal. Sneaks up on you because it is so easily drinkable.

Hmmm... anything I've forgotten? I'm sure you'll find what you like best. Trying stuff is fun, and you'll figure out your go-tos. Have fun, and above all, be safe. No sense in enjoying any of it if your not.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for mho, I hope you had a great birthday!

• Show All
    • Missing? Lol, it sounds... interesting 😝 at least you'll have memories of it, that's the whole point, and the fun.

• *kissing and dancing

Most Helpful Guy

• I am seeing a lot of sugary drinks down there in the answers.

If you don't drink often, then that means you haven't been hungover often. Alcohol plus sugar leads to a terrible feeling. Have an alcoholic drink, then have a water drink. Do that the whole night.

Ok, less warnings:

Wine: I love Pino Noir, but honestly, if you're gonna do wine, you should only do wine that night. So maybe thats not tonights drink.

Beer: Ask the bartender what seasonals or sours they have from local craft breweries. Drink something made in your home town. It'll feel more special. Stay away from stouts and porters, they'll make you feel too bloated.

Liquor: Get an old fashioned. Its delicious and manly. Don't do shots, they're overpriced. Get one girly drink and order it like this "I want the most delicious girly fancy cocktail you got" you don't be disappointed :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• *sangria (white or red)
    *tequila
    *mojito
    *vodka tonic

for birthdays, tequila and rum or vodka shots chased with soda are common. for something classier you could go to a nice bar where they have beer or wine sampler trays. as a plus, they often come with food pairings too.

on your b-day stick with only 1 or 2 types of drinks and keep plenty of water nearby. then over time try out some more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on your taste buds. I love darker beer so stouts and such are good. Grey goose vodka is smooth as fuck. stay away from jaegermeister.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jack Daniels and coke, Jager and energy drink, vodka and coke, vodka and energy drink, southern comfort and lemonade. Also cocktails like black Russian, the godfather and sex on the beach

0|2
    0|0
  • A good Manhattan is pretty dope, whiskey sours, old fashioned, I'll fuck with a cosmo or martini once in a while. Then I like local draft and white wine, particularly Riesling.

0|1
    0|0
  • Go for the classic cocktails: Manhatten, Gin Martini, Margarita, Mojito, or Bloody Mary's. You can make mixed drinks yourself but cocktails can be trickier. If you try those you'll give yourself more of a base of knowledge about other drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only been of age for like 6 months, but so far I've discovered that I like ciders and apple ales better than beer. And I'm not a fan of hard liquor but mixed drinks are alright. Blue Kinky with Sprite is probably my fav.

0|0
    0|0
  • happy birthday in advance. i am wishing you now since tomorrow ill be out of town and maybe there will be no Internet sometimes.

as far types of drinks are concerned here is the list
    1. tequila
    2. voda
    3. rum
    4. beer
    5. red wine.

sorry but the brands here might not be available there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer&wine, brand doesn't really matter even though I love a good chardonnay for wine. Wine from south-africa is also good.
    Liquor, I don't know if you have safari? Love that shit, smirnoff ice, tequila shots are fun to do, breezer, flügel shots.

DON'T DRINK JAGERBOMBS! They fuck you up, and make you drink more causing horrid effects.

0|0
    0|0
  • For beer - Budweiser, Heineken, Corona.
    Mixed drinks - rum and coke, rye and ginger-ale, mojitos.
    Liquor - Crown Royal, Glen Fiddich scotch, Grey Goose vodka.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jameson & Ginger Ale

love/hate relationship

love that it's so easy to drink

hate that it fucks you up from drinking so much easily

0|1
    0|0
  • I like smirnoff vodka. I typically drink it with juice but you could use pop if you like. It also makes for a pretty smooth shot.

0|1
    0|0
    • and jager is disgusting and will fuck you up, don't do it. I find my best drunks start off with a couple glasses of wine. I like boones strawberry hill wine.

• Anything kinda sweet really so I can sip on it, and not have the liquor jump me as fast lol. Look up diff drinks you can order so you'll already know what you'll want. I like coconut type things or anything tropical

0|0
    0|0
  • like u really didn't drink any alcohol till now?

start with some beer and maybe beer mixed with softdrink and liquor.

if you take on the heavy stuff it'll not taste as good, it would be almost as disgusting as cigarettes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Polish so my drink of choice after craft beers is Vodka. Of course I'm partial to Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka. It's smooth and dry. Goes great in anything! That's the danger. I'm fine one minute and the next drooling on the floor!

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer and liquor, not a fan of wine.
    Darker beers are best
    Whiskey is also best.
    But for a young lady probably something mixed with vodka and then a few beers

0|0
    0|0
  • I just like a regular Caesar. When I go to a restaurant its always a bellini, a cosmpolitan, a caesar, a glass of wine, a chardonnay, a bailies irish creme or a pina colada.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jack Daniel's is my favorite. But its your 21st and I don't recommend spending your money on that all night. Try new things. Dealers (bartenders) choice can be fun too. You may get some free drinks if you tell them it's your bday

0|0
    0|0
  • Top classier favorites for me are
    Old Fashion
    Tom Collins
    Martini (with New Amsterdam gin)
    Jameson/Johnny Walker on rocks

For a birthday celebration
    Margarita
    Buttery Nipple
    Jack/Coke

0|1
    0|0
    • Old fashions are always good. Don't find to many other people who enjoy them.

• @akadatank44 Tried it with Gentleman Jack, now that was good stuff!

• Oh yeah I bet. I love Jack. I only have them around Christmas time. Kinda a family tradition. My dad has always made them with Southern Comfort. Gives it a sweeter taste

• I love cocktails. Zombies are my fav! Lots of rum and juice and grenadine!

0|1
    0|0
  • When I turned 21, my grandpa said one thing: "Boy, pick your horse, and ride it all night. Don't go switching horses, mid-stream"
    He was talking about drinks, and the lady I was dating.
    If you are going out, 21, to get hammered, stick with ONE drink, like Vodka. If you mix drinks and beer, and cocktails, and a lot of SHT, you are going to HATE the next morning!!
    Stick with something clear, light, and just shots, like vodka. Have a BIG Glass of water after every three or four shots! Then a half liter of water before bed!
    The next morning, Ramen noodle soup, mostly just the broth, or McDonald's Cheeseburgers (depends on your mood or who you ask!!)
    Stay away from wine, as it is the ABSOLUTE WORST hang-over!!
    Beer, well, you only 'rent beer' and end up pissing a dozen times through the night!

0|0
    0|0
  • Our birthday's aren't that far off, dude. Mine's on the 5th of April.

And sorry, can't help with alcohol. Not much of a drinker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a girl so, obvs im gonna recommend tequila shots. xD
    im also a big fan of bombs - jager bombs, irish car bombs, there's this one thats like amaretto and orange juice or something dropped in beer.
    not a big fan of cocktails myself, i dont like the sweetness in a lot of them...
    OH. There's also a shot - it's half fireball whiskey and half rumchata <- fucking delicious, i have it for breakfast sometimes, with a side of cereal

As for beers, im mostly a yeungling or bud person, maybe some shandy carib and red stripe.

If it helps, my current stock is like, tullamore dew, green mark, makers mark, jim beam, jager meister, e&j brandy, kahlua, forres park puncheon (trinidad rum), jose cuervo, rumchata, fireball whiskey, a bottle of everclear (though like, you dont ever need this), sake, kao liang (its a chinese wine, tastes like shit but if you're adventurous, try it lol).

0|0
    0|0
  • Coca- cola, Pepsi...
    Don't touch alcohol these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • absolut vodka is definitely​ my favorite. Try it out

0|1
    0|0
  • dont know if you have it there but Hophouse13 is a great beer. guinness make it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its sad how you have been waiting to turn 21. In my country you need to be 18 in order to drink, however we all start drinking at 14-15

0|0
    0|0
  • Jack Daniel's black label whiskey with a some lemon or lime drops.

0|0
    0|0
  • coco-cola with a hint of coconut oil that an orangutan had to fight for and 3/4 glass of sprite.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really waited to 21 to have a drink? Lmao. You should start with chick drinks like Smirnoff ice

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah I've been drinking since 18, only basic stuff, though. And so far I think Smirnoff is gross compared to some others

• Buy an eight of shrooms and an eighth of weed and invite some hottie over

0|0
    0|0
  • Captain Morgan's spiced rum with ginger ale and exacty 3 ice cubes

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink sake, not sure if you are into that kind of stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bailey's Irish cream.

2|1
    0|0
  • try dark & stormy :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Monster Energy Drink Lemonade + Tea

0|1
    0|0
  • Patron (Tequila)

0|0
    0|0
  • southern comfort and coke

0|0
    0|0
  • i like desperado's :) its beer with some tequila

0|0
    0|0
  • Çay içi çay,
    Drink Black Tea.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everclear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vodquila.

0|0
    0|0
  • rum! always rum and occasionally beer

0|0
    0|0
  • Liquid marijuana

0|0
    0|0
  • Koval

0|0
    0|0
  • Tequila
    Vodka
    Whiskey

0|0
    0|0
  • Johnny walker black label

0|0
    0|0
  • So this is your first time ever drinking alcohol?

0|0
    0|0
  • Captain Morgan spice rum w/Coke

0|0
    0|0
  • How about jim beam

0|0
    0|0
  • Redds apple hard ale or four lokos

0|0
    0|0
Show More