All my friends are getting drunk and I don't drink! What should I do?

I'm getting a little annoyed at everyone's stupidity and while it is kind of fun messing with them, I am not having fun.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• this is an excellent question, "What should I do" I can't advise you what to do but I can advise you what not to do. What you should never ever EVER do is to try and change who and what you are for anyone ever. it will eventually destroy you by taking little bites of your soul until you are angry depressed and miserable. if those you hang out can't except you all of you, for who you are, then leave them. you will find those who dig you for you, but remember you need to except them for who they are as well

0|2
    0|0
    • They accept my decision and they aren't forcing me at all! It's great! But I'm just a little annoyed at how they are acting and I don't know how to make myself have more fun.

Most Helpful Girl

• Will if your at a bar or something, be safe and be the driver and stay sober. If your at a house, make sure your friends stay safe and aren't drinking themselves to death or get hurt. For it only takes a few minutes of fun to cause a lifetime of consequence.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Be a good friend and play designated driver. You could save a life. Don't feel you have to drink, stay strong. Sober people are always needed around a bunch of drunks. You can provide calm and level-headed leadership. Others may follow your example of being an adult person. Keep it up!

1|0
    0|0
  • Your IQ level must be in the single digit. Don't fucking you idiot. 1. You are under age. 2. You have to be more responsible than others if you want to succeed in life.

0|0
    1|0
    • Did you see what I said! I don't want to drink and I am not drinking! My friends are! Please read the question.

• Show All
    • Oh I see! That wasn't directed at me. Sorry for the misunderstanding

• No worries. Enjoy your evening.

• I'm always the sober one too, and I end up babysitting. It's not fun. I don't know what the solution is because I don't wanna tell them not to drink. They are having fun and they are responsible.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah same problem here bro! It sucks :/

• I think it just stops after a while. A lot of people have to go through that partying/drinking faze, then they mellow out

• Yeah I know what you mean

• Go to a posh brunch or afternoon tea and meet rich people to suck up to. I got some pretty nice internships this summer from meeting some executives in a tea lounge.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your not having fun while sober n laughing at them n joking around then leave don't hangout. I don't either

0|0
    0|0
    • We are all renting a house on vacation. I can't exactly leave :/

• Do your own thing go your room go do something or go out, if not try to have fun with them. Good thing is your there to protect them like a designated driver.

• It is their decision to drink and as their friend, you should respect it. But if peer pressure is in the mix, then speak up. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • "oh everyone's stupid for enjoying themselves, meanwhile I'm so smart"

Good for you, you special snowflake.

0|0
    0|0
  • be the driver? lol
    honestly what I would do is just leave. no point in you having a bad time while they're wasted on their way to a hang over

0|0
    0|0
  • Find something else that excite you while they do that or try asking them to have a chill fun day, do something together

0|0
    0|0
  • if you're not comfortable or happy with it, don't hang with them when they're drinking. Why waste time being unhappy when there's a choice to do something else? :)

0|0
    0|0
  • dont force yourself or feel forced to do anything you dont want to if they dont respect that dont hang out with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Get better friends.

1|1
    1|0
    • Haha, they are all great people. They just choose to drink and I don't.

• Show All
    • No problem. If you get bored again go ness around with them again. Again it's their fault they started drinking.

• Haha alright

• yeah me too. hate to be sober and handle them everytime.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go home, get new friends, try to have fun while sober or get drunk

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy not acting like an idiot when they get drunk!

0|0
    0|0
  • Find new friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't go out with them anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Dibbs on the designated driver, lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut your own path through life not follow others