What are some low carb foods you can eat at a buffet?

I am on a low carb diet and my parents are taking my family and my cousin's family to the buffet tomorrow to thank them for

1. Fixing a broken light in the apartment my dad is renting to one of his tenants
2. Treating us to lunch and dinner on two different occasions when we failed to return the favour.

I know they have chicken and beef but it is probably seasoned with spices. They have sea food too but I heard certain things like mussels or clams still have small amounts of carbohydrate.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to worry about small amounts of carbohydrate if you are on a low carb diet. You're not on a NO carb diet, that would be almost impossible to sustain.

Anything that is meat, fish, chicken or seafood is going to be fine. Green vegetables will largely be fine too. Avoid bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and anything with added sugar.

Avoid drinking soda and fruit juice. Stick to water, flavoured water or tea.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you eat meat, get some chicken, beef or fish and eat it with vegetables.
    They should have steamed veges, if you want them raw then get some lettuce, tomatos, onions, etc.
    A buffet is perfect because you can choose exactly what you want on your plate.

I can't wait to go back to the buffet close to my house.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am curious, why low carb?

0|0
    0|0
    • Its faster than exercise. I lose weight about 10 - 20 times faster on a low carb diet.

• Oh, but you gain it back?

• That depends how fast you lose it. If you lose it quickly you will gain it back but if you lose it slowly you can keep it off. Also depends what you eat once you get off the diet.

Recommended myTakes