Can someone tell me why they like vodka?

I don't get it, Vodka was some of the most vile stuff I've ever had in my entire freaking life. I once had a scorpion in a lolipop, and I'd rather eat another scorpion than do another shot of vodka. I like Dark Rum, I like Hard Cider, some beers, some wines. but Vodka was Vile, Hell, even Gin Tasted better and I didn't care for Gin.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have agreed with you, before I tried some of the flavoured Polish ones. Soplice is worth trying (lots of flavours) if you can get it where you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soplica_(vodka)

Keep it in the freezer (not the fridge) for a few hours before you try it, though.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cheep and gets you drunk fast.

0|2
    0|0
    • Ah yes a juvenile delinquent. Only 14 and already an expert on alcohol.

Your parents failed you.

• Show All
    • @Nuala
      So? That doesn't make it right. The younger people drink alcohol the worse it affects your brain you're also not cool or special for drinking alcohol.

• @Straightedge_Atheist
      I have only drank once and that was like one beer... I just happen to know about alcohol.
      And plus alcohol can mess you up at any age.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• gin tastes like i just ate a Christmas tree. it was foul. i think its because vodka is (idk the term) but its like, straight distilled with very little flavorings. it doesn't necessarily need to age 20 years in a barrel like whiskey and it doesn't have the sugar cane to give it flavor like some rums. so its almost like drinking straight ethanol. sometimes it does have hints of fruits or whatever but theyre faint, but it makes vodka versatile. some people like the crisp taste, I don't know.

0|1
    0|0
  • cause you're a wine drinker, there's 2 types of drinkers, hard drinkers, and wine drinkers, kindof like people with sweet tooth vs non sweet

0|3
    0|0
  • Lmao, I wish I could've seen your face 😝 You sound like you like "sweeter" drinks (rum, cider).

Just mix it with a sweet base, and you'll be surprised how easy it is to drink. It mixes well in almost anything, unlike most other liquors. If you're going to drink it straight, there are better kinds that don't taste like rubbing alcohol. Good vodka doesn't burn. Think Belvedere, Grey Goose, Chopin, etc. Especially if you keep it in the freezer, lol. Also, there are infused vodkas that are really good straight.

1|4
    0|0
    • like the skittles infused ones? XD I use grey goose for making Vanilla extract!

• Show All
    • @Straightedge_Atheist Hello, oddly presumptuous person I've never talked to before.

It's nice to meet you, although your approach to introducing yourself might need a little work. I appreciate your experiences, it's definitely not for everyone. If you don't like it, I'd highly recommend you not drink it.

I've been legally able to drink for about the same number of years as your apparent maturity level.

Yes, I've learned about different types, what's good, and how, as well as different people's affinity for different types of flavors. Some people like sweeter drinks, some drink some stuff that will turn even my face inside out. Making an observation about flavor of preference is usually one way of having a conversation with someone. Calling names, usually is not.

I'm glad to meet you, although I think you really could be a little nicer to yourself. There's nothing wrong with liking sweet drinks. Most people do.

• @Crusader22 riiiiiiight. Except that I haven't blocked anybody. Lol. Have a good night

• I don't like neat vodka.. haven't since i did the usual and overdone it at a young age. But i still drink it, and if i do it's always as a mixer, either with coke or cranberry.. that's more than likely why most people like it.. it's a great mixer and is a fast track to getting wasted

0|1
    0|0
  • Few people like alcohol. Most only like the effects of alcohol. Beer makes me laugh like an idiot. Whisky makes me cry like an idiot. Wine makes me stop lying or omitting information (which is why I dont dare come close to it). Vodka gives me extra courage to go for a pretty girl in a party (not healthy, I know). Plus, Vodka is mostly flavorless. Just put it on some lemon slices with sugar and it should be fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, I drank it like twice in a mixed drink and all I can say was that it didn't taste of alcohol so it was better than anything else I've had. But after like two drinks I was nearly incapacitated so I'd rather not drink it again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont like liquor, id rather have a sweet tasting wine. But there are drinks that taste good but it has be to mix and the person serving you the drink must know how to hook it up.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had the pleasure of Vodka and it just smells like rubbing alcohol to me so I've never bothered tasting it

0|1
    0|0
  • You can make some great mixed drinks out of vodka. I agree it's a terrible drink to do a shot of, if people like that it's just because they like getting drunk.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vodka is not something for an amateur to be drinking straight. Hell I can't drink it straight until I'm halfway through the bottle.
    Vodka and gin are pretty much exclusively for mixing, especially the cheap stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't taken a drink in almost 17 years. However I loved vodka... probably purely on the fact that it mixed well with almost anything. It really didn't have a flavor like rum or tequila or whiskey or gin... just my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like vodka shots but cocktails with vodka taste good.

1|1
    0|0
  • Straight up it has to be a very good brand and I think it tastes better chilled. Others in mixers it can be good. But you just don't like it. I don't like wine. Just have different taste pallets I guess

0|1
    0|0
  • Vodka is popular because of its neutral taste for mixing cocktails.

There are WAY better things to take shots of, however. Unless the vodka is flavored.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't enjoy the taste of any alcoholic drink except for some fruity ciders. Vodka gets you drunk fast though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vodka takes on the taste of most things you mix it with so it can be good in mixed drinks. I certainly wouldn't advise taking shots of it

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't taste that bad when mixed with something else like juice and I only need a little to get me wasted, so it's rather cost effective :P

0|1
    0|0
  • it' not supposed to taste nice it simply gets you drunk fast ;D

0|2
    0|0
  • Mixes good into cocktails and ironically is smoother to shoot than other types of spirits, depending on what you're drinking.

Besides, even if it DOES suck... it gets ya drunk.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not drink it straight up, but maybe with cranberry juice

0|2
    0|0
  • Well some flavored ones are good to me, but straight plain vodka does taste like it should be rubbing alcohol lol

0|1
    0|0
  • vodkas a good drink to know you're drinking for pain.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like vodka straight but I like it with coke or energy drinks

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's more about the loss of social inhibition it creates.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's an acquired taste... you learn to like it rather than just like it...

0|1
    0|0
  • It's like rubbing alcohol but it's another method to get drunk.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like vodka on its own either. But I do like it when mixed, like a Lemon Drop, for example.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOL I feel the same as you on the subject of vodka.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's alcohol

0|1
    0|0
  • Vodka doesn't make sense to me :/?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it tastes disgusting as well lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it either it's to strong

0|1
    0|0
  • It gets you drunk fast.

0|1
    0|0
  • Try Vodquila
    It's more fun :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm guessing that you're not European...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't drink anything

0|1
    0|0
  • If gets you drunk

0|1
    0|0
  • Pinnacle flavored vodka

0|1
    0|0
  • I really just don't like alcohol tbh.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hilarious! not the fridge

0|1
    0|0
  • vodka is great when mixed or flavored

1|1
    0|0
  • I like it mixed with something fruity or where you can't taste much of it. I hate tequila and haven't had much luck finding a drink that disguises that taste

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes