Is it true that a waitress can make $49 000 - $55 000 a year?

I am thinking if this is true it would be a good way to pay for graduate school.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Working 40 hours a week, yes. But studying and being a waitress? Not possible unless you wanna graduate in 12 years or fail.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I was a former Server but to be honest its all hit or miss. if thenperson decides to leave a tip or leave nothing at all. All depends where you work also

1|0
    0|0
  • 50000 mmmm yea possible. Of course. But it has to be ine busy ass place. High end too

You won't get 50000 working at some local diner

1|0
    0|0
    • But working at a bar... or like a bar/resto
      sports bar
      Clubs
      Lounges
      Busy restos...

Def yes
      Look at it this way... to bring home 50k a year... you need to bring home about 1000 per week. So a waitress makes about what, 7 bucks? thats like 200 bucks give or take minus taxes and what not... you need almost 500-800 per week on tips!

• Bullcrap, most are broke, but the bigger the tits the bigger the tips. Some girls (especially bartenders) will get boobjobs to get better tips, pretty sad but true, i was a waiter.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dominoes is great cuz you get tips n minimum wage verses $2/hr plus tips at restaurants, though vehcile maintenance is high. by the way it is the law that if you dont avg min wage at restaurant they must pay you difference! So 2/hr +4tips= restaurant owes you a 1.25 that hour unless you avg higher other hours and it evens out at end of shift,

• Local Applebee's? Hell no. Some fancy restaurant with a long ass wait list and they don't believe in tipping.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe at a really high end restaurant with rich tippers

1|0
    0|0
  • A normal waitress/waiter? No. A stripper that also waits tables yes. I plan on doing that so I can front-load my life with a large sum of money to use for investing in real estate.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can make more than that if you get lots of tips everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, especially if you're working in a high-end establishment

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the tip

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is making good tips

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, in tips from pie hole cock.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they get good tips.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not it's simple math you get a 10% Tip say that means for you to get 55 000 dollars that means you personal have to dilivery $550 000 worth of food and at a normal restaurant with say $100/table that means you have to wait at least on 5500 tables/ year or 103 tables/ week

0|0
    0|0
  • no, probably not, unless you're at a strip club, and even that's not great

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a more realistic number would be $25-30K but I've never waited tables

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes