Is drinking water when I have pizza making me gain weight?

Someone told me it makes u bloated or something

522

Most Helpful Girl

422
  • Can you ask whoever told you this for a source? on this question, it'd be better to do research or find an expert forum. Cl or Reddit. There may even be a Snopes article!

I notice the responses saying "of course pizza makes you gain weight" aren't even asking for specifics, first. Has it not been that much pizza? Homemade? Nutritious ingredients?

And did you get this tip from a credible source?

• Salt, hormones, and lymphatic system problems are the most factors in retaining water. Drinking water actually can help flush out your system. I know it's counterintuitive, but drinking water usually makes you less bloated.

• It can make you lose weight. Because your stomach will be filled with water instead of only pizza. Water does not add to calories and will be released from your system in the next 1 hour. And only pizza will be digested. Pizza can increase your weight , so when you drink water you will eat less pizza and gain less weight.

• I slice of pizza from a large pizza can be up to 650 calories, 2 slices would amount almost 67% of daily allotment of caloric intake. If you eat pizza regularly along with your normal breakfast, and lunch or dinner intake as well as snacks. Then yes the pizza would definitely piling on the weight. Water won't put any weight on you unless you're retaining fluids from too much salt intake or a physical/medical condition.

• most probably this is an illusion. gaining weight is when the total day calories is more than it needs and no amount of water can change that. However, drinking water might make u look more fat because I ve some water in ur belly which will just need some cardio

• No the pizza is making you gain weight... but nah the water will expand in your stomach stretching it (doesn't make you bigger just makes your stomach bigger) a lot of pro eaters will do that

• My guess is they are talking straight out of their ass.

• LOL, no. It's the pizza. Mmmm piiiizzzaaaaa... Now I have to make an order, thanks a lot.

• Or... just hear me out it's the pizza making you fat or your gluten intolerant and it's bloating you.

• water has no calories so it can't make you gain weight at all. it might looks like it does but it dosent

• if you retain water, it can be very dangerous. but, what does eating pizza with it have to do with anything?

• Haha! No, the pizza makes you gain weight, not the water. Also, bloating doesn't add weight.

• No it will not. You probably heard that if you drink water before a meal you become more full after eating it.

• So now water is bad? The very liquid that we all need to survive on this planet.

• The tip doesn't say water is bad. It says timing matters. A lot of weight loss tips do.

• Yeah, I understand the air I breathe when I drink beer causes the same effect on me.

• no i drink soda while eating pizza. i never gained weight

• Might just be your metabolism. Do the same thing in fifteen years and it'll probably be a different story.

• @mistercake this question is asked when i am 24 and i am giving my opinion based on what i am experiencing right now.

if this question is asked to me after 15 years , I would be glad to share the different story.

but the sad thing is that why you are bashing me for givingy opinion. because i never said that no one gains weight while doing that

• No it won't make you gain weight but if it's greasey it will make you cuz of the fat

• eating pizza is whats making you gain weight

• You have to drink before eating a meal.

• It's pizza.

• Lmao no the water won't but the pizza will

• soft drinks preferable.

• It's the pizza...

• its the pizza, not water

• Yes...

• no idea.