Money is gonna be tight this month -- so what can I eat?

Just filed my taxes. So between paying that, my bills, and my student loan, money is going to be really tight. I've got 20 MAYYYBE 25 dollars to get me till the end of the month. I know this could be a simple google search but I want to hear what you guys do when money is tight.

710

Most Helpful Guy

• Lentils, chickpeas and other pulses. Super cheap, easy to cook, take any kind of herbs or spices so flavouring is a breeze. Perfect balance of protein carbs and fat so a really great superfood. You can throw in a tomato, some garlic, a bit of basil, whizz it up and you have pasta sauce.
    Make a soup of it with some broth. Use it as a meat substitute.
    Buy dry lentils. You just give them a rinse and pop them into boiling water for 15 or 20 minutes. Other beans buy canned, as the dry types have to be soaked overnight.
    Until your body adapts you will have some excess gas but that doesn't go on for long. Also a great source of fibre.
    Eggs are great too but I think more expensive.

Most Helpful Girl

• This might sound stupid, but I would tell my parents and I'm pretty sure they would help me out (not by giving money).