How do you feel about dining out by yourself?

I'm doing it right now and honestly... kinda like it. I don't have to make conversation, and I can just sit here and relax and hang out. Sure having a friend would be cool, but being solo doesn't phase me and it's not weird like my friends have said it feels.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Never done it but sounds very nice. I'm a very introverted person and value alone time very significantly so it sounds like fun.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I pretty much always eat out, so given that I'm single it's mostly by myself unless I happen to be with a friend or coworkers.

I definitely prefer to eat with people I'm at ease around over eating alone, tho that's better than feeling forced to make conversation. I'd take eating with my ex girlfriend when we were together or eating with certain friends over eating alone anytime.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dine out by myself almost as much as I dine with others. This is because I don't drive and travelling to restaurants or people's houses is time consuming and sometimes intellectually daunting. I can only space my schedule for 1-2 visits a week and during exam season - maybe one visit a month.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done that many times while on business trips. I prefer to sit at the bar because I'm closer to the TV and plus, the bartender is usually more attentive when you're close to them. There's nothing shameful or embarrassing about dining out by yourself. Other diners don't care if you're alone or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done it often enough. Sometimes I'll open the kindle app on my phone, or I'll play a game on it. Or I'll think about life or write down my to do list lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do it sometimes on my way home from work. I normally go sit at the bar, order my food, and chat up the bartender. Otherwise I eat and split. But I think it's normal, everyone needs to eat.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just fine. I can sit and relax quietly, read something, or just people-watch, and not have to listen to anyone trying to make conversation and distracting me from letting my mind wander.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done it once, it was a bit awkward at first but I met some nice people & socialized, it became more fun than I thought, I felt very accomplished after I did it for some reason lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It's become a favorite hobby of mine this thing!

I have this really nice place where i go it's a secret from my friends & family!

I do enjoy company to but there are times, that i just can't stand other people or even talk to them.

Then i got in me car and go there.
    The food is great, personal is awesome! And it's quite hidden place.
    Nothing beats a nice food & a little chill with no one to annoy you or bother with pointless comments.

And i do explore, scout etc even more places. And if ain't that great i take my friends, girlfriend there lol :D

But the special places i keep to myself. Maybe one day i might share, but now hell no :D

As of lately writing has become a new hobby of mine! So there i can write at peace!

So how i feel i will say great & really happy about dining on my own.
    And from time to time i meet new people, mostly girls which is great to find new people.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I'm completely honest I would probably feel a little awkward if I did that despite being comfortable in my own company most of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never done it before (too broke) but I'm not against it. I'll most likely end up doing so at some point in the future.

0|1
    0|0
  • I too have it many time, either i use tv and eat dinner or i am watching something on the phone while having dinner outside

0|1
    0|0
  • This is actually my life... this is me, all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rag out sometimes, usually at a pub or a restaurant. Not all the time but I enjoy the silence and the ability to feel pressured to eat quickly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its nice actually, I do it sometimes too when I dont go out with a friend.
    Some people are comfortable on their own.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know it's not something I see myself doing anytime soon

0|1
    0|0
  • That sounds awesome! I love doing it too! I travel quite often for work, and I love exploring local / new restaurants by myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally get take out, then bring the food to eat outside by myself so I don't need to pay any tips which saves me money

0|1
    0|0
  • I do it a few times a month some times more. No problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am fine with it as long as it feels good and does not make me feel lonely.

0|1
    0|0
  • normal

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes, it is nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's me everyday for 20 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would feel awkward not having someone to talk to

0|1
    0|0
  • I do it once in awhile, it great.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually eat at the bar

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to go out and eat alone

0|1
    0|0
  • I get embarrassed lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it because I know there's judgmental people like me who will be secretly judging

1|1
    0|0
  • I do it all the time, sometimes it makes me feel lonely tho lol

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes