Is it hard to be a Vegan?

I wanted to be a vegan for a long time because I am an animal lover. But i dont know what to do. How do i get protein or the right nutritions? What would be my first step?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Becoming vegan is definitely a learning process, but it's 100% doable. I wouldn't say that it's hard, it just requires some trial and error. It took me a few months of trying to be vegan (and failing) before I was actually able to call myself an actual vegan in practice. To me, it was always a goal I was striving towards, but I didn't beat myself up on how long it took me to get there. Be patient with yourself, learn all that you can, and eventually you'll get there.
    I definitely recommend reading How Not To Die by Dr. Michael Greger. All of your nutrition questions regarding veganism will be answered in this book.
    Message me if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. I wish I could give you a more in depth answer, but I need to get off the computer right now lmao. xx

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Protein is easy, its overrated and you often only need beans a couple times a week or other nuts or soy products. Start buying soy milk instead of milk. Lots of indian/pakistani food is meat free. Generally start with a few recipes then build up a repertoire of vegan food from there. (coming from a vegetarian with vegan mom)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would use Pinterest as well, to start learning some vegetarian dishes. Then from there try going vegan for a couple days. YouTube would be helpful as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe see a nutritionist? you would probably need to take a lot of vitamins. not everyone is cut out to be a vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Change your user name would be the first step lol

1|0
    0|0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes