I'm drinking 18% Marsala wine, it doesn't taste to good on it's own, plus it kinda bothers my stomach having it straight, so?

Do you have any ideas on what to mix it with or anything to make it taste better?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a Level 3 Sommelier (if you don't know what that is, look it up bc I don't feel like typing out everything that I do at work, lol)... Marsala is typically only used for cooking... Yes, it has a high percentage of alcohol, but that is really bc it creates a quick burn off flame during cooking, which allows all that residual sugar to carmelize (high residual sugar = high alcohol content in wine, it is what creates "legs" when you swirl wine in a glass... regarding marsala wine, the high residual sugar gives dishes a very sweet taste)... I wish I could offer more advice, but honestly, your best bet is to literally water it down... It will make it slightly easier to drink and less harsh, but not by much. Feel free to message me with any other wine and/or spirit questions... I could also give you suggestions on some really amazing wines that are "cheap", but drink better than some wines that cost a few hundred dollars... So that in the future, you don't have to drink marsala or any other cooking wines ;) haha