Why people say they cannot function without coffee?

Even if I sleep 4 hours, I don't drink any. Never get those people who say they need coffee to function. Guess it's just a habit and nothing more.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I use to think that too until I found myself quite literally standing up and falling asleep. Coffee helps take the edge off so I can be productive.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Drinking too much coffee physically hurts me and makes my day foggy. I don't understand it much either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Exactly I think it's just an habit too

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I bet it's usually the caffeine headache that some coffee drinkers deal with. Otherwise it's a habit. Coffee makes me feel relaxed so it helps me feel more settled in, in the morning and prepared to take control of the day and get shit done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Caffeine is the most common drug. People who become addicted to it tend to get a headache or something if they don't get their cup of joe

0|0
    0|0
    • It's kinda sad though, don't you think so?

• Only because coffee tastes like ass lol
      If it were chocolate milk, that's a different story

• Chocolate milk is much better.

• In a lot of ways coffee (caffeine) is basically a drug. People start drinking coffee in the mornings because caffeine helps them wake up. But, before long, your body gets so used to having coffee (caffeine) on a daily basis that if you stop drinking it you experience withdrawals. So, if someone drinks coffee at least once a day, and one day doesn't have it and is super douchey or bitchy, it's probably because they are actually in withdrawal. Eventually a person could readjust to not having coffee daily an relearn to function without it, just like a drug addict. Even though I know all this and have known it for years I still drink coffee every morning, and I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more of a habit thing like some have to eat breakfast while others never do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes