Honestly is it a big deal if you don't tip?

Personally I can't afford tipping everytime I eat out nor do i appreciate it when my server expects me to tip just because they brought out my food and were nice to me (mind you, I was a server so I know it isn't a difficult job). Ill tip sometimes but I won't all the time...
  • No it really isn't
    Vote A
  • Yes you are automatically a douchebag if you dont tip
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I sure hope you're not a regular at the restaurants you don't tip.

You're absolutely right I have no freaking clue who invented this stupid system since we don't tip anywhere else. However I'd say just eat at less restaurants where there's a waiter or better yet make your own food.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah I hate the tipping system in the us you're right

Most Helpful Girl

• When I went to the states, I was told by my Uncle to always leave a tip. Over $5.00 (preferably) otherwise they would consider it rude.

I'm not exactly sure how it goes (since I don't live in the states). So anyone can enlighten me on this topic

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In the united states, yes its a huge deal. Waitresses and waiters often rely on tips to just make minimum wage. It's a horrible system, ideally, they'd just get paid enough no matter what and the food prices would slightly increase to compensate, but while the "waiters can earn below minimum wage" system is still in place, it's extremely important that you tip. If you have enough money to go out, you have enough to tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's no big deal. I mean I'll tip if I have extra money for sure! Especially if they were super awesome and even write a little note telling them thankyou 🙂. But if they were rude, and kind of not there most the time then I won't. Cause there are times where I'm so tired and want to eat out at a nice place but can't really afford to tip fuck it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on where you live, your server might be making less than minimum wage. When I was serving in Ohio, for example, I was only making $2.15/hr. when minimum wage was $5.25/hr.

If you cannot afford to tip when you eat out it usually is considered rude. You also should probably getting fast food instead, or food to go, that way most servers won't mind as much (a lot of people do not tip on to go orders). If you have never done the job, please do not comment about it being hard. I loved serving but I worked my ass off almost every shift I worked.

I always tip based on service, knowledge, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can't afford to tip then you can't afford to eat out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can afford to eat out, however I dont think that tipping everytime is realistic so I dont do it all the time and its not that big of a deal.

• Show All
    • Being a server before, I hate the entitled attitude.

• Because some of them get paid well under min. wage. Some have to split their tips with the cooks. Some only get a few tables a shift so every tip counts. It shows disrespect as well especially if they were a good server. I'm all for leaving no tip if the service was terrible though.

• The only time i don't tip is if i had a very rude waiter. In which i will write a report on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's rude not to give something

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can't tip than I feel you shouldn't eat out... point blank period

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes