How do you Handle a Smart Alec Wise Mouth in your Family?

I have a Middle Sibling who can be Relentless. xx

3|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't make a point of SHOWING that you are ignoring him. You simply ignore him. Best way to describe it would be to say, let your attention turn elsewhere. As if whatever he is saying just isn't particularly interesting. You don't sigh, you don't roll your eyes, you just find something else to pay attention to.
    This also does not mean pretend he doesn't exist. It just means that when your sibling is doing is "superiority" thing, you look for something else to occupy your time.
    It takes time and patience but this will work best.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I agree. But if I continue to Enable her to do it, she will keep walking all over me.
      It's sort of like something or even someone on Gag with the Same Scenario. xx

• Show All
    • lol Sunday or even Monday, I am staying an Extra "Roll with the Punches Day. xx

• Going for the goldπŸ˜‰

Most Helpful Girl

• i suppose that person is probably me... not a smart alec so much but i just dont always conform to whats expected...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have a cousin who is like that, but normally he does it to his puppa, and they usually just let it slide.

Sometimes you have to let him or her know to give the possibility of giving thought into something and not just mouthing all the time.

More on actions not mouthing

1|0
    0|0
    • oh and also do the ' exthinguish method '

if there is an occasion or instance he or she starts mouthing, pretend you ignore by not showing you are affected, do turn your attention somewhere

For instance you suddenly thought about doing something or you remember something like ' oh I knew I was going to do something ' or ' hmm is red good for a table top or white ' somehow you are showing you are thinking to yourself about other things despite what he she wants you to feel, and it reflects you are not affected by it at all. Which does extinguishes his or her dominance.

Remember never ever show annoyance, be very calm, take what he or she said in and show you are not affected by extinguishing the action she or he gave and act as if you got attention on so much more important things 😊

• Show All
    • That is one art you could apply 😊 Trust me it helps 😊

• I happen to have Used that I spoke to Mom last nite and she got real quiet, I think she knows we are talking about her. This always Gets her. lolxx

• I love them from afar and don't get involved with their smart alex wise mouth. I've learn to ignore them and go on with life. Some of them i
    have to move them out of my life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just ignore them I've gone without talking to my sisters for a long time we make up but it shows them I won't put up with their childish behavior

1|0
    0|0
    • lol I have Socked and then Blocked for a Year, dear, like I do some, hun, on Here. xx

• Most of the time.. I just let it slide, and ignore it.. But sometimes I do let my annoyance get the best of me.. LOL.

1|0
    0|0
    • LOL!!! Yes, like the Text she just sent to me Now. xx

• Yeah, although I don't like when a slip up like that.. It seems outta character for me.. Ha..

• laugh with them when they manage to silence the mouths of family who are damn right annoying

1|1
    0|0
    • Depending on my "Usual good mood," is if she Gets it or I just let it go.
      Yes, Annoying and just Rude but so typical of this one, hun. xx

• I am persistent, they must give up at sometime cause I sure dont.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fight the bitch, πŸ˜‚ no but seriously if she's being like that, you have to match her attitude

1|0
    0|0
    • We have Verbally had some knock down fights but we always Kiss ass and make up. lolxx

• Then ignore her. If she sees that her behavior isn't getting her attention then she will stop

• There are many times I will just be polite and yes, I ignore her. xx

• me and mt brothers just get in fist fights. if its my sister I personally just let it slide.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am the "smart alec wise mouth" in my family.πŸ˜‚

Just open up a can of whoop ass on them. hahaha

1|0
    0|0
    • lol Yes, I do Tell her to "Check your attitude at the door, nancy."

• Sometimes a smack upside the head will suffice. haha

• lol She has Put my other sibling down on the stairs for some things and yes, Punches me in the arm, if she thinks I need it. xx

• I know the pain. I have a really close friend from highschool that I've just recently discovered is a huge "know-it-all". Our mutual friends were kind of always distant to him and I couldn't figure out why he was never invited to social events and whatnot. It has now come to the point where I am, myself, trying to avoid him aswell because he is doing my head in.

I'm preparing for having a heart-to-heart with him about this soon, because I would hate for our friendship and history being torn apart because of this.

ah welp:/

2|0
    0|0
    • Open lines of Convo is always the Best from the rest.
      Thank you, dear, and I do feel your own pain. xx

• My little sister is a real pain, though usually on accident even though she is all the bloody time. It's partly because of her being "borderline mentally retarded", but it's mostly bad habits she never stops...

Anyway, back to the subject of how I deal with it. I can get easily agitated by her habitats, but try hard to see past them or calmly remind her that she's doing something annoying. When I get particularly mad, I tell her to go away. (Almost never yelling. Mostly just sounding really pissed off.) If she continues, I give in and go away from her. Often taking a nap if I'm really mad, which I always do after yelling at my parents.

So, there you go. Try to shove aside the subject or escaping from it in bed.

1|0
    0|0
    • My sister has had a bad shake with some health problems. I see the jealousy but it still hurts.
      Thank you for Caring and sharing. Many times, I have shoved such aside to avoid a fight. xx

• I hate arguments. I always do my best to stay calm about irritations, and try hard to calm down in my room if I fail. πŸ˜•

• Yes, I hate arguments myself. And even living 3 hours away, it happens sometimes, for some reason. xx

• Tell them if they know so much why are they not s billionaire

1|0
    0|0
    • lol Have even tried to Tell Her to prepare for one day she will be Broke when bad times Come, hun. xx

• Yah until it happens to them then they don't get it

• ignoring won't work , but praise , make him/ her to your side it actually work

1|0
    0|0
    • lol Coincidentally I do when she goes on this "Snap thing" something like Snap and does these pictures. But it never Lasts, my kind and complimentary Blasts. She forgets and begins in again. xx

• I would ignor them and at some point they will grow up...

1|0
    0|0
    • She just keeps Growing Up into a meaner person. She has some health issues, sad to say, but I never gave them to her. xx

• That sucks... All you can do is steer clear. I younger sibling took until her mid twenties to mellow out

• Well, the older one gets, and with health issues, the more they think Life has thrown you a curve ball and all. xx

• Ignore them. It works for me.

1|1
    0|0
    • I try to. But one year, dear, I had to Block her from my Google Voice for a Year to Teach her a Lesson, she was That bad that Day. xx

• Our whole family is like this, so...

1|0
    0|0
  • tell them they are right and then ignore them

1|0
    0|0
  • Introduce a smarter friend to them

1|1
    0|0
    • lol!! She has lots of them on FB and the Other one, my younger Sibling, well, she has dissed all of us Family. xx

• Im sure there is one out there that will fire her up

• lol Always Customer Service people but she always wins. lolxx

• take his Xbox ps4 controller away.

1|0
    0|0
    • lol How about her cell phone? She is so addicted. xx

• Show All
    • She loves these Toys. lolxx

• Welcome to Gag Town. xx

• I am the smart alec wise mouth LMAO

1|0
    0|0
  • just ignore her

1|0
    0|0
  • don't react

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, and this time I am coming up, like Mother's Day, Not staying with her neither. lolxx

• I ask them what is the meaning of life is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I do happen to Say, "Do you treat your other friends like this?"xx

• Show All
    • Damn, I feel you. The same with my aunt.

• SMH and Yes, she is One of them too, an Aunt. xx

Recommended myTakes