How well do you know how to cook?

• How do you boil water?
    Vote A
  • I can take a frozen meal with instructions on how to do so and heat it up
    Vote B
  • I can cook simple things that don't involve combinations of ingredients
    Vote C
  • I can use a relatively simple recipe (i. e. pancakes) and use it to make those
    Vote D
  • I can use a recipe involving rather complex steps
    Vote E
  • I don't need a recipe. I know how things combine in cooking and can make something rather complex using common sense
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't know about anyone else but in Louisiana where I live, cooking is a tradition you learn from grand parents and parents. We have to learn how to cook the food we like becuse it is hard to reproduce in a restaurant. After you know the basics, largely based on French cuisine, you can cook anything. food is a language of its own!

0|1
    0|0
    • I should move to Louisiana so I can learn how to cook, and then move back after I've learned how to cook

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty damned good at cooking, it's fun to do with a date, I just allow her to do the wine testing and sauce tasting. I'll handle the rest. The dishes I take care of also.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can pretty much make a lot of things from hand made bread, butter, croissants, scones, biscuits, cakes, naan, flat bread, roasts, fat chips, burgers, curries, roasts, icecream, fudge, toffee, sushi, mayonnaise. List is endless.

I currently make fusion foods and mix different styles together.

I am trying to learn new culture foods and how to make extremely hard things like yeast from scratch, malt barley, cheese, wine.

0|1
    0|0
  • Voted E. Following recipes is easy enough, but I don't have spectacular taste buds to discern which would go great with which or what it is the dish is lacking, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • E/F...
    I'm pretty good. Having the feel for which foods go together without any recipes - is definitely a gift of sorts.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just basic stuff. The best I can do is. . . Cookies and mac and cheese.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to cook. I just use my common sense lol

0|1
    0|0
  • My friends would say I'm very good at cooking.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't need a recipe. I know how things combine in cooking and can make something rather complex using common sense

0|1
    0|0
  • provided i have all needed ingredients which are also fresh and unprocessed i can make a delicious meal. if i dont have all needed ingredients my cooking is okay.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am good at the things I like and bad at the things I do not like, which makes me mediocre.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes