Would a meat eater ever date a vegan/ vegetarian?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This might just be anecdotal but a lot of vegans I see and meet tend to have mental issues, maybe because of B12 vitamin deficiency, I'm not sure, but it really turns you off from getting to know somebody better when they tell you, "I'm vegan."

I personally don't think a vegan and a meat-eater would be able to function in the same household too well. Vegans are too strict about their diet and typically advocate against buying anything that involves animal byproduct. Vegetarianism might work because there seems to be like ten different types of vegetarians. Some eat fish, some consume dairy, etc. I doubt a vegan is as open-minded as a meat-eater is to dating somebody who holds a different opinion than they are, but it could probably work with a vegetarian.

1|0
    1|0
    • Yes i know a friend 's daughter who suffers from depression , more specifically suicidal thoughts due to hormonal issues relating to nutritional deficiencies of her depleted vegan diet. She took it to an extreme.

• Multiple B vitamins are needed for emotional stability and daily good cognitive function.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a veggie and my boyfriend's a meat eater :3 It doesn't really affect our relationship at all! He makes fun of my veggie substitutes sometimes but, that's to be expected I guess! :P
    I won't kiss him if he's just eaten any animal products though :v

0|0
    1|0
    • Do you dare touch raw meat?

• Well; I don't cook for him or anything since I'm like 16 :P
      But yeah; I wouldn't wanna risk it anyway! I'd probably end up burning or undercooking the meat! :v

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• tried this and failed. She just kept trying to turn me into a vegetarian and I grew up on a large beef/dairy farm so we obviously ate a lot of beef. It got to the point she told me that I had to become a vegetarian or she would leave and I told her to leave then because I would sooner shoot myself in the head.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I've been vegan for 3 years and I've dated meat eaters. I'm in a relationship with one now. The only way I wouldn't date a meat eater is if they were closed-minded and ridiculed my lifestyle, but that's mostly because I choose not to associate myself with people so stuck in their egos.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it should be the other way round. Would a veggie/vegan date a meat eater. For me, the answer is a resounding NO!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a meat eater, but as long as he's not too judgmental when I eat meat I have no problem dating a vegetersn

3|0
    0|0
  • Sure as long as they don't get upset when I eat bacon in front of them or try to get me to become one I don't mind at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a meat eater would easily date a vegan/vegetarian as long as they don't try to force their diet onto them.

I think it's more likely an issue with a vegan/vegetarian not wanting to date a meat eater.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and get judged or if was vise versa I still say no.

People think vegans are good companions with meat people but they are good companions with each other but there some draw backs they try to convert you if your meat eater because if your love meat and raised on meat they try convert you on lowering CO2 emissions which I don't give damn unless they come up something for stopper or cork for Volcanoes don't talk to me you get flipped off. Here other thing bothers me... if your vegan your thinking your making yourself better. really stop eating my goats and cows feed, they need to sustain themselves to live longer keep going about people being cruel to animals why not donate your food to people who being cruel to animals? they running out of options to gain sustainable foods from stores and other places. They can't release their animals be danger to people or let them roam like they used because people are stupid <- they want to piss animals off.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be smell of meat in breath can cause little prob for veg person when coming close.
    Apart from that it depends on a person's rigidity.
    I would have not much problem in either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would if she any other of her qualities are great

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date a vegan or vegetarian.. I love meat too much :-( lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If she/he does it because of their opinion or ethical view. Sure. But if it's one of those veg-hipsters or those who try to force it onto you. No

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. As long as both parties agree not to be preachy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a vegetarian a few years ago. She was annoying as hell. But she gladly took the hot beef injections and protein smoothies I had to offer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would as long as she doesn't bother me or look me with judgy eyes or ask why do u eat this/that?

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have a problem unless she didn't want me to eat meat , then that's where I'd break ties

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see how this would be a problem UNLESS one would try to convert the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would but I'd try to convert her into a carnivore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm married to one! Respect Their needs. But never change for anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes as long as she has no problem with me eating meat

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a vegetarian and I've dated a meat eater. I know that's not quite what you asked tho so sorry :p

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would and I would have no issues with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... i would be made to feel bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I would if she looked like Jessica Beal... Lol jk

0|0
    0|0
  • I would gladly. because the. all the meat will be mine only and I won't have to share

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. I think they are too unhealthy and fragile (can die easily).

1|0
    0|0
  • I would as long as there is no ill will because of it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes