How would you feel if you were at a restaurant and your server wasn't smiling while taking your orders?

• I would be concerned
  • I wouldn't care
  • No tip for them!
    Vote C
  • Other reaction (please say)
    Vote D

225

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on a horrible blind date with my friend and her husband at a restaurant and our waitress never almost refused to refill our drinks, the ladies drinks that it. Refilled the guys drinks and even flirted. I got so thirsty and pissed by the 3rd go round that I stood up and yelled at waitress saying uh hey I'd like a refill too since you've yet to do your job. The manager came over and ended up firing her due to we weren't the only ladies she blatantly ignored as got our meals for free! Thanks so much, waitress.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be too bothered. I know people have hard days, but they still have to tough it out. We aren't robots. We're not like Data from Star Trek with emotion switches and all.

I've been in situations before where my servers have been in foul moods, but by the time I (or "we", if I'm on a date or with friends) was done, they were happier. Having been in retail and customer service before, I know people can be difficult sometimes. I always appreciated the people who were nice to and patient with me when I was visibly stressed.