I don't know, Do you think Vegetarians and Vegans get more slack from Meat eaters and not vice versa?

Heeey, not mad or anything just kinda wondering, I'm a vegetarian myself, and it seems that all of the memes and videos posted by people depict us and Vegans as being, well, hilariously self-absorbed pricks about our diet, when in my experience it has always been the other way around? I don't know is it just me fellow Vegs? No? Meat Eaters? C'mon gimme something

I mean check this

I don't know, Do you think Vegetarians and Vegans get more slack from Meat eaters and not vice versa?Now Dont get me Wrong, They Are hilarious, :D but I dunno, I just think people like to make fun of Vegs as being more vocal about their diet than they actually are. Like in the buzzfeed video

I don't know, What do you think fellow gagger? What's more accurate; The Vid or the Memes? :D

36

Most Helpful Guy

• The memes are more accurate in my experience. That's why they exist, because enough people have experienced vegans getting in their face and explaining to them why they (the vegan) are superior because they don't eat meat. Obviously not all vegetarians or vegans are this way and it is unfortunate that they have to deal with the fall out of the more aggressive vegans but all in all its still pretty common for vegans to get in your face vs. a person who eats a "normal" diet. I have had personal experience with vegans (both online and off) and they have been incredibly judgmental and abrasive. some even claim that we are herbivores by nature (despite all scientific data showing we are omnivores). Normally I don't care what you eat, I mean why should I it had no effect on me what so ever, but when you experience the abrasiveness of many vegans/vegetarians (and to be fair I find that its vegans who are the most confrontational with the "holyier then though" attitude not vegetarians generally speaking) its kind of inevitable that some people just immediately get defensive when they come across a vegan/vegetarian. Personally I think you shouldn't care about what others eat because quite literally it doesn't affect you. You have no idea whether or not I hate a cheeseburger or a veggie burger so why give a damn about it? the whole thing is absurd in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case I think it's true. I don't talk about my dietary choices unless asked about them. And I don't like forcing them upon anyone. But sometimes meat eaters try to force their ideas on me.
    Just earlier this afternoon my mum was pestering me, "A piece of steak would do you good!" -.-"