I don't know, Do you think Vegetarians and Vegans get more slack from Meat eaters and not vice versa?

Heeey, not mad or anything just kinda wondering, I'm a vegetarian myself, and it seems that all of the memes and videos posted by people depict us and Vegans as being, well, hilariously self-absorbed pricks about our diet, when in my experience it has always been the other way around? I don't know is it just me fellow Vegs? No? Meat Eaters? C'mon gimme something

I mean check this
I don't know, Do you think Vegetarians and Vegans get more slack from Meat eaters and not vice versa?

I don't know, Do you think Vegetarians and Vegans get more slack from Meat eaters and not vice versa?Now Dont get me Wrong, They Are hilarious, :D but I dunno, I just think people like to make fun of Vegs as being more vocal about their diet than they actually are. Like in the buzzfeed video

Updates:
I don't know, What do you think fellow gagger? What's more accurate; The Vid or the Memes? :D

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The memes are more accurate in my experience. That's why they exist, because enough people have experienced vegans getting in their face and explaining to them why they (the vegan) are superior because they don't eat meat. Obviously not all vegetarians or vegans are this way and it is unfortunate that they have to deal with the fall out of the more aggressive vegans but all in all its still pretty common for vegans to get in your face vs. a person who eats a "normal" diet. I have had personal experience with vegans (both online and off) and they have been incredibly judgmental and abrasive. some even claim that we are herbivores by nature (despite all scientific data showing we are omnivores). Normally I don't care what you eat, I mean why should I it had no effect on me what so ever, but when you experience the abrasiveness of many vegans/vegetarians (and to be fair I find that its vegans who are the most confrontational with the "holyier then though" attitude not vegetarians generally speaking) its kind of inevitable that some people just immediately get defensive when they come across a vegan/vegetarian. Personally I think you shouldn't care about what others eat because quite literally it doesn't affect you. You have no idea whether or not I hate a cheeseburger or a veggie burger so why give a damn about it? the whole thing is absurd in my opinion.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case I think it's true. I don't talk about my dietary choices unless asked about them. And I don't like forcing them upon anyone. But sometimes meat eaters try to force their ideas on me.
    Just earlier this afternoon my mum was pestering me, "A piece of steak would do you good!" -.-"

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• My issue tends to be the moralizing both sides tend to do to the other. I'm omnivorous with a heavy trend towards meat in my diet, but I see the validity in being vegan. It doesn't mean it's a choice I would be willing to make. There is no true good in what you eat, at the end of the day, something had to suffer terribly for your meal. And you have to accept it. Stop trying to pretend you're such a selfless creature. No one is.

1|0
    0|0
    • excellent view, i kinda feel the same! :)

• If you have 2 options. One causes a lot of suffering and death, the other causes very little suffering a death, why not choose the second?

• I think they both make fun of each other a lot.. Some vegans like to seem special.. LOL.. And some meat eaters like talk sh*t about vegans and say that they are silly being vegans.. So yeah..

1|0
    0|0
  • you can loose a lot of weight but only eating meat such as my brother who lost 100 pounds (7 stones) from ONLY eating meat. Although this can cause a problem with how we treat animals we don't need to become vegan to change that we just need more laws for that industry

1|0
    0|0
  • "Hey I'm vegetarian, but-"

lmao.

Seriously though, like all jokes, they've just been done to death and the people who've done this, have stopped due to the jokes and memes becoming so omnipresent.

0|0
    0|0
    • Whaat? Oh come now, it's a vital part of meme culture! :) personally i kinda like the attention, you?

• I'm not vegetarian. I hate attention generally, people annoy me.

• lol i kinda figured, i just wanted to mess with ya :) ... BUT NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE TIME WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN THIS PETITION TO SAVE THE PURPLE SPOTTED KANGA-

Oh squidward i didn't know u frequented gag! :) but lol same on week days fam, :)

• I think there are assholes and either side but people who tend to play set as a smaller issue also tend not to care whether or not they eat meat which means are significantly less emphasis on the crazies.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes