Meat-Eaters and Vegs! Would You eat Lab Grown Meat?

Okay, so first off, hey everybody! :) Back with another MyTake, but I would like to ask both sides a collective question; Would you eat Lab Grown Meat?

Buzzfeed recently published this video:

-What do You guys think? :)
-Does it meet your ethical standards in terms of 'Animal Cruelty free' or is it one in the same?
-Do you think that it'd be cheaper to buy and just as safe to eat as regular meat?
-Does it make you uncomfortable, and if so, why This and not the traditional way? (JUST A QUESTION NO VEG SOAP BOX RANTS.)
-Would you go for it?
-Do you just not give two flying f*cks because you know that if it's cheaper to produce the Government will find a way to sneak this GMO meat into your regular food and you'll be none the wiser like how they lie about other food products and Area 51? ಠ_ಠ...
please share your thoughts, lol :)

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is basically the stuff that they supposedly eat on Star Trek where they use their replicator to create whatever materials they wish. It seems perfect. Not only is it cruelty free (i. e. no animal has to be confined or killed), but eventually you'll have chefs who will be able to form pieces of meat with the exact fat/protein characteristics that they'd want. It actually sounds pretty exciting when I think about it!

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah! dammit i wish we had those hoverboards promised in 'Back to the Future' tho.. hell i'd even settle for one of those beam transporter things from Star Trek too :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Whose to we haven't already eaten something like that unknowingly, I wouldn't really want to I prefer the natural stuff

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• maybe I'm just a red blooded American, but I like my meat cut straight off the side of a bleeding dead carcass, not grown by some nerd in a lab. (I'm actually Canadian)

1|0
    0|1
    • :^D How did I know that i would get an answer like this especially the Canadian part? That there's a Like

• animal cruelty? there's no animal involved. At least in the sense of in terms of slaughtering and butchering

1|1
    0|0
  • If the economies of scale can be worked out, I'd eat lab meat/vat meat.

Probably not exclusively, but mostly.

1|0
    0|0
    • lol i wish i knew what that meant! :) but thanks for the opinion anyway!

• Show All
    • SHSH! (ಠ╭╮ಠ ) You'll ruin my rep! lmao :)

• lol It's what I do!

• Don't trust it yer, in 10 years we well learn lab grown meat is prone to cause health problems

1|0
    0|0
  • We are not in a world where we can't find real meat. Kidding around with such crazy idea's would kill a species called 'human beings'

1|0
    0|0
    • i dunno, i guess they do it also for environmental reasons, because it cuts back on the CO2 emissions caused by raising livestock, therefore cutting down on greenhouse gases and, in a way, preserving human beings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but! i dunno, i'd never eat it but i think it's a pretty sound idea

• Yes, however not the year it comes out. I first want to observe if there are any negative effects.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes! I'm very curious to taste it! it's cruelty free!

1|1
    0|0
  • Ion know.. That's just more processed food unless they got it from the most natural of resources..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd eat it. Any food at its core is simply protein, fats and carbohydrates.

I fail to see how this is considered to be "gross" by some, and yet, you have people in the US living off a diet of protein shake powder or Soylent (in San Francisco's tech industry).

Many of our foods are already "lab grown". Most flavoring agents are no longer harvested from natural plant sources. Vanilla, banana oil, fragrances... you name it... they're all mass synthesized in a lab and sold bulk to food processors.

That banana yogurt doesn't smell and taste like banana because there's banana in it. It tastes and smells like banana because someone synthesized the same compounds in a lab and added it to a yogurt mix.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it tasted good and had the same nutritional benefits, yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I might try it once but it is just weird to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer real meat from an actual cow rather than lab grown. I wouldn't refuse eating it though if I have it in front of me

0|0
    0|0
    • weeell, you could be eating it right now, (¬‿¬)

• Show All
    • I suppose it would be cheaper but I can't eat it right now. It is simply not in the supermarkets

• Eh, it'll get there eventually. They'll probably test it overseas, but go straight to shipping here.

• I would definitely eat it

1|0
    0|0
    • Really? wow :) First person!

• Show All
    • Nothing wrong with appreciating the opinions you agree with, haha

• alrighty then! lol, :)

• If its just like the normal meat, yeah why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would eat it.. would you?

1|0
    0|0
    • Would I? (¬‿¬)

• Show All
  • Im pretty sure i already have

1|0
    0|0
  • yes I would

1|0
    0|0
  • I think we are already eating it

1|0
    0|0
    • yay! another conspiracy person! welcome to the club! :) lol

• a lot of hamburger places are serving it

• Yeah! The meat look Exactly like the sample in the picture! Especially since they don't even use real renet in their American cheeses because its cheaper to use vegetable based. and if these scientists are really pushing for this LGM, it cuts out the costs for feed and waste clean up all together so Im pretty sure its cheaper, or at least, cheaper to produce?

• Why not just eat meat? seems simple to do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • no way I love d natural flesh

0|0
    0|1
  • If it doesn't kill animals I'm all for it

1|2
    0|0
  • why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll stick with tofu lol. Still grosses me out. It's still genetically an animal, even though there is no ethical issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would not give two flying f*cks, as long as it nourishes me

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

Recommended myTakes