Coco powder contaminated?

I got this coco powder form trader joes the lid was really hard to get off and thin there is a hole in the foil sealed over it the size of a needle.

Can it be tampered with? can something powder have something bad in it from a needle hole, im so upset i threw away the receipt

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it's tougher for a younger person to throw something like that away (given that only the trust fund babies have excess cash at 22), but if you're uncomfortable with it than toss it. Although, if you took it back to Trader Joe's and showed them, I'd say it's at least 90% that they'd let you swap it out because you're not looking for a refund but for a product replacement.

1|0
    0|0
    • You get it, I am definitely going to take it back... although i did cave in use like a quarter cup :( I was so sad I waited all week to get money and go to trader joes to get a cheaper coco powder that was fair trade trade (the chocolate industry sadly does bank off of children who need money in africa who do slave labour :..( only fair trade for me) . I

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with jp612612, take it back and show them. It might be nothing but It's really not worth the risk otherwise.
    Most stores will be very accepting of this and will most likely check the rest of their stock.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• get rid of it. do not eat any of it. i , ight be fine but with that sort of thing you dont want to take any chances

1|0
    0|0
    • im going to take it back but i did use a quarter cup -.- i was really craving something sweet and really trying to save money. I woke up today though so it worked out :D

• glad you're alright. but from now on check the seals on anything you want to buy and if you find another hole like that tell someone who works at the store

What Girls Said 2

• You should return it for a new one

0|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest you throw it away...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes